1.    #1  
    My phone has just recently started acting up. I have noticed that the Airplane Mode/Restart/Cancel option just pops up for no reason. On top of that the screen then becomes unresponsive and glitchy. It will go black and not come on. When it does, it goes black again when I touch it to unlock it. I have restarted and removed the battery but that doesn't help. Oddly as I type this it's working fine. I'm at work so doctoring is not an option till I get home. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this type of behavior and if so how did you resolve the issue? Thanks

update.. I think I have discovered the problem. It's something to do with my power button.
    Last edited by Superjudge; 06/11/2010 at 06:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    My phone has just recently started acting up. I have noticed that the Airplane Mode/Restart/Cancel option just pops up for no reason. On top of that the screen then becomes unresponsive and glitchy. It will go black and not come on. When it does, it goes black again when I touch it to unlock it. I have restarted and removed the battery but that doesn't help. Oddly as I type this it's working fine. I'm at work so doctoring is not an option till I get home. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this type of behavior and if so how did you resolve the issue? Thanks

update.. I think I have discovered the problem. It's something to do with my power button.
    I was about to suggest a problem with your power button but noticed your edit. Hope it is fully solved now.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I was about to suggest a problem with your power button but noticed your edit. Hope it is fully solved now.
    Yes it is although I will probably get some better material in there when I get home. Thanks for the reply and what would have been a correct diagnosis.
    Superjudge, what was the problem with your power button? How did you resolve it? I'm having the same problem with my pre (airplane/reset/power menu keeps popping up, etc.). Thanks
    this keeps happening to my phone as well. any solution or did you have to get your phone replaced?
    Try this, may not help but I hope it does.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2559434
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post

Something similar has been happening to me too, lately. What I am seeing is the main "drop-down" menu that is normally accessed by hitting the clock from the home screen just popping up on it's own (the menu that allows you to turn on bluetooth, wifi, etc.)

I think it usually happens only the first time I hit the launcher icon after the phone has been on the Touchstone. I don't think it has anything to do with my power button, and it may or may not be related to your post but thought I'd mention it.