Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    So I'm on my 4th Pre... which flags me in Sprints system for having a lot of device issues.

This was the first time I think I actually might have mishandled my phone. I knocked it off my bedside table while "sleeping" and in the morning, the right half of my touchscreen has ceased functioning. The left side works sporadically.

Well after about 3 hours on the phone with Sprint, talking to tech support, advanced tech support two times, retentions twice, and multiple device exchange 3 times, a 5th Pre is finally on it's way to my home.

The sad thing is, I'm due for an upgrade and the Evo is tempting.

I LOVE WebOS. I LOVE the concept of the Pre. I just wish it wasn't riddled with hardware issues.

Palm/HP... PLEASE release a new WebOS device so I can upgrade. I REALLY don't want Android. I want a fresh, fast, full-functional, beautiful, relatively sturdy webos phone.

Please?
    Stick with it. It can't be much longer to wait Hope your 5th Pre works long enough for that to happen.
    still on my first. Eight months and counting. Nary a problem.
    Hopefully your next one is of a higher grade stock. My new one is. Just got it from sprint and it's in very good condition. Got it direct from sprint. I'm not talking to Assuron unless my phone gets ripped in half or stolen.
    first one,,9 months and counting
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'm on my 4~th Pre now and still haven't found one I can live with for 4 years. Yay Bell. Their employees keep telling me the oreo effect is normal >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    Hopefully your next one is of a higher grade stock. My new one is. Just got it from sprint and it's in very good condition. Got it direct from sprint. I'm not talking to Assuron unless my phone gets ripped in half or stolen.
    lol
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    For anyone that's curious, Sprint considers the PIXI or Samsung Moment (Android) to be a comparable device. (ie I've had so many issues with this model phone that they would be willing to replace it with a comparable device)
    SERIOUSLY!? I MIGHT could see the Moment... my dad has a Moment and it's decent. But it's ginormous and not particularly fast. But the PIXI!? Are you KIDDING me!? Comparable? Sprint, you must be joking.

I'll try my luck with another Pre, thank you VERY much.

So my friend has a Pre Plus... and it's SOLID. The slider feels more secure than ANY slider on ANY Pre I've had... ever. Also, her Plus feels smoother, even when I had the Super/Uber/WhateverKernal installed. Mine is (was?) faster, but WebOS just seemed a wee bit more elegant on the Plus.

I'm officially in the "longing" category for a new device. Just make sure it has a hardware keyboard...
    Pretty please.

Anyone going to camp in line with me?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Also, there isn't a Sprint corporate store in the entire state of South Carolina. In the ENTIRE state.

First Strom Thurmond. Then Mark Sanford. Now this.

Argh.
    On my second one in a year. And this one they sent me has all sorts of issues.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'm on my fourth in only 8 days lol..
    Over a year now and still on my first.
    Ohhhhh the irony... I am now awaiting my 3rd Palm. Should be here tomorrow.
    *sigh*
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm on number 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllOut007 View Post
    For anyone that's curious, Sprint considers the PIXI or Samsung Moment (Android) to be a comparable device. (ie I've had so many issues with this model phone that they would be willing to replace it with a comparable device)
    SERIOUSLY!? I MIGHT could see the Moment... my dad has a Moment and it's decent. But it's ginormous and not particularly fast. But the PIXI!? Are you KIDDING me!? Comparable? Sprint, you must be joking.

I'll try my luck with another Pre, thank you VERY much.

So my friend has a Pre Plus... and it's SOLID. The slider feels more secure than ANY slider on ANY Pre I've had... ever. Also, her Plus feels smoother, even when I had the Super/Uber/WhateverKernal installed. Mine is (was?) faster, but WebOS just seemed a wee bit more elegant on the Plus.

I'm officially in the "longing" category for a new device. Just make sure it has a hardware keyboard...
    Pretty please.

Anyone going to camp in line with me?
    I actually don't think either measures up. While I appreciate the form factor and the WebOS of the Pixi, the reduced feature set, speed, and screen quality make it Pre-light. It even started out at $100 less. The moment is another that doesn't come close. It's big, clunky, and has a very basic iteration of Android on it. Nowhere near as slick as HTC's (if you can call any Android device "slick"). I am waiting on Pre number 10 and I told them that the only acceptable alternative would be the EVO, but all I want is a Pre that keeps on working.

With Palm no longer making Pre's, the refurbs sucking wind as usual (I've never had a refurb that lasted more than a day before showing some serious problem signs or build flaws), I wonder if the Pre Plus will make it to Sprint?

One guy posted that he bought a Pre Plus from Verizon, got a Sprint tech to activate it for him, then WebOS doctored it for Sprint. It seems doable.
    Last edited by pelikan3; 06/14/2010 at 10:54 PM.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkirk View Post
    Ohhhhh the irony... I am now awaiting my 3rd Palm. Should be here tomorrow.
    *sigh*
    ...and now I am waiting for my 4th Pre to arrive.
    *sigh*

Will be getting on the waiting list tomorrow for the EVO.
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    I actually don't think either measures up. While I appreciate the form factor and the WebOS of the Pixi, the reduced feature set, speed, and screen quality make it Pre-light. It even started out at $100 less. The moment is another that doesn't come close. It's big, clunky, and has a very basic iteration of Android on it. Nowhere near as slick as HTC's (if you can call any Android device "slick"). I am waiting on Pre number 10 and I told them that the only acceptable alternative would be the EVO, but all I want is a Pre that keeps on working.

With Palm no longer making Pre's, the refurbs sucking wind as usual (I've never had a refurb that lasted more than a day before showing some serious problem signs or build flaws), I wonder if the Pre Plus will make it to Sprint?

One guy posted that he bought a Pre Plus from Verizon, got a Sprint tech to activate it for him, then WebOS doctored it for Sprint. It seems doable.

I would have to disagree with you on the PIXI. I had two PRE's which broke and now own a PIXI. The first PRE nearly came apart in my hand. I find very little to complain about the PIXI. The keyboard is actually easier to use, despite being smaller. The device may only be a split second slower, but plenty zippy than others I have owned and the battery lasts longer in the PIXI than in the PRE.

The only regret is the screen size, a bit smaller, but not awful. A few applications do not work on the PIXI, which is annoying. A big turn off for some is wifi. Not important to me, but for some this is critical.

I would gladly exchange a smaller screen for the peace of mind of not having a ticking time bomb of a device. Many people are making fun of the IPhone4 for its weak antenna, but at least the device does not fall apart in your hand. As the originator of this thread states, "5th PRE on the Way."
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

If the Sprint Pixi had wifi, I would trade it for a Pre. I would miss the overclock, but, oh well! I have poor reception in my home, so without wifi on the Pixi, it would be a paperweight. Unless the Pixi didn't have the same reception issues, a couple of people have commented to that effect.

1.4.5 is bringing pdk to it, so it looks better now.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM