Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Here's the problem:

1) PPP is connected via USB link to desktop PC for downloading MP3s and the like.

2) When finished, i click on the "safely remove hardware device" icon in the lower right hand corner of PC (running windows XP), BUT, when i try to "stop" the PPP, i get a message saying "the device 'Palm Novacom' can't be stopped because a program is still accessing it", even though to my knowledge, no program is accessing it at the time (i.e., all downloads are complete, etc.).

3) When i go ahead and pull the USB plug out of my PPP, the PPP gives me a message saying "some data was damaged, but was recovered. Always eject your phone from your computer before disconnecting".

Note that while the desktop PC gives me the "device can't be stopped..." message regardless whether i am using the USB mode or the 'just charging' mode, i only get the "data damaged" message from the PPP when i was using the USB mode.

So far, i don't seem to have lost any data nor has the phone suffered any apparent damage, but i connect and disconnect the phone frequently to my PC, and this can't be a good thing, so any idea on how i can stop it (i.e., safely disconnect the phone from the PC)?
    Go to 'My Computer'.
    Right-click on the Pre drive.
    Click 'Eject'.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Worked like a charm.