1.    #1  
    I got the wifi sync for 60% off, what a deal. But I can't get my pre to connect with the wifi server. I can't get the wifi connected to my pre. Do I need to put it on my router list. The pre is connected, the wifi shows my ip address. But no sync. I tried to find info in the forums, I even went to 8 bits thinking their was help. Some one got the answer, please share it with a family member
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I aasigned my pc and my Pre MAC adresses permanent ip addresses in my wireless router configuration. I also had to select the update database button in the pc installed Wifimediasync software, before the phone wifimediasync software would allow login.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    +1 on setting static IP's. I've done this for all my past Palm devices (TX's, Zire72) and wifi apps ~just work~ as intended!

Wifi Media Sync worked perfectly the first time I tried it! Found the IP for my laptop immediately, then threw 5 folders of music at my Pre "lickety-split"!

Soooo much easier than using a USB cable/download/Stop USB Device/Stop/Close Window/Unplug Pre/check for all music transferred/rinse/repeat!

WyreNut
  4.    #4  
    The app shows an ip on my pc. do I need to hook my router to my pc? Then assign an ip just for it. My whole network is wireless, I can't click on the ip address at all. Step by step please.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    This whole routine assumes you have a Wifi network present, and both the Pre and computer are actively connected to it!

1. Install the application to your Pre from the app store, then download and install the PC version from 8bitdev.com to the computer that has the music files you wish to transfer. (When you install the program to your Pre, look in the Wifi Media Sync menu/Settings tab for the "Download The Windows Client" button -- it will generate an email with a download link.) While there, set a specific name for your phone in the "Unique Phone ID" button.

2. Open the app on your computer. It will place an icon in the bottom right tool tray of your PC screen. Click on it to open the client screen.

3. When the client screen appears, open the "Set Password" menu and enter a password. On your Pre, you will have to enter the same password before syncing.

4. Look at the IP address given you on the computer app. This should be the correct IP for the computer. If more than one are listed, the first one "usually is the correct one" (according to the Help file on the Pre client).

5. In the "Sync Folders" window on the computer, click "Add Folder" and direct it to one of your music folders. Add one, or many (your choice!)

6. In the devices window on the computer, you should see the name you gave your Pre. If not, click "Refresh Devices".

7. On the Pre, enter the IP address shown on the computer and the password. Tap the "Connect" button. If all goes well, another window will open on the Pre telling you "xx files are ready to sync. Tap "Sync Now" to download". Tap the "Sync Now" button, and away you go! You'll see the progress window on the Pre showing the files transferring, and then a final "Sync Complete" window.

HTH,

WyreNut
    Last edited by WyreNut; 06/13/2010 at 12:48 PM.
  6.    #6  
    My family sure make me proud to be a member. They make it easy as changing a baby's diaper. Tech came along after I was profient at diapering. So thanks to all who helped.
    I've set static IPs for my laptop and Pre, allowed Wifi Media Sync in my firewall, and followed WyreNut's instructions, but my Pre doesn't show up in the devices window (step 6) even after refreshing. I rebooted my computer and Luna restarted my Pre without luck. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    you could try deleting the app off the phone and uninstall off the pc, then try the setup procedure again.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    rapaross, can you go online via Wifi on your Pre? Are you using any MAC filtering in your router that may be blocking the Pre?

Correct IP address showing up on the laptop? Try going to Start Button/Accessories/Run then type cmd into the box.

In the DOS window that opens, type ipconfig /all and hit return. Look at the listing for IpV4: 192.168.x.x Same as on the Wifi Media Sync program?

WyreNut
    how do you contact 8bit dev? i just purchased the wifi media sync, and it works well enough. i just have a feature i would like to request in the next update.

i would just like the ability to sync folders from my pre to my pc, not just individual files.

thanks...
    Very cool app! Thanks to all!
    Anyone have the ipk they can send me to try out wifi sync? Since the Dev doesn't have a trial version.

I am sure this request is not going to go over well with the community, but if Dev's want us to try pay apps they should release free versions or trial versions since dishing out cash for something that ends up not being exactly what it says is a waste of time, money and the in between.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    This may help for some users: I'm using a 3rd party Firewall on my PC, and so far I have only been able to connect MediaSync with my PPre after disabling the Firewall.
    I was reluctant to pay $10.00 for this app without being able to try it out as well.

But Seriously. It's 60% discounted by the dev right now ($3.99) and if you live in the U.S. it's discounted another 50% ($1.99).

I don't live in the US and took a chance with it at $3.99. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED AT THAT PRICE !

Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Anyone have the ipk they can send me to try out wifi sync? Since the Dev doesn't have a trial version.

I am sure this request is not going to go over well with the community, but if Dev's want us to try pay apps they should release free versions or trial versions since dishing out cash for something that ends up not being exactly what it says is a waste of time, money and the in between.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I think we're all waiting for the "Select All" or entire folder options.
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    I was reluctant to pay $10.00 for this app without being able to try it out as well.

But Seriously. It's 60% discounted by the dev right now ($3.99) and if you live in the U.S. it's discounted another 50% ($1.99).

I don't live in the US and took a chance with it at $3.99. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED AT THAT PRICE !
    Paying for anything that does not work at any price is disappointing. So I will just do my own wifi sync via apple scripts and SSH.

Thanks anyway.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Should I get this app for my Pixi (non Pixi Plus) now (that app store sale thing) and wait for a new Pixi hardware release that includes WiFi?
  18.    #18  
    I just wanted to update my family on my success. I have Time Cable, and they use CA. security. After disabling the firewall, it worked fine. Now if I can find my videos, I'm in the house.Once again Thanks Family !
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Should I get this app for my Pixi (non Pixi Plus) now (that app store sale thing) and wait for a new Pixi hardware release that includes WiFi?
    Bump!
    Kev, personally I would say to wait. When you have money to drop on the next gen of webos phone you might wanna see what is out then (or what features have been added to the OS). No point in buying something you can't use, when you have no clue what the future holds.

Just my 2 cents.