Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have the problem of my gps location having a 2mi radius, sometimes I am not even in that circle. I am on the sprint network, any ideas?
  2.    #22  
    Ok here's the thing. Pandora loads sometimes really nicely and other times it doesn't load at all. Slacker radio on the other hand consistently loads in 12 seconds. I've timed it. It's never off by more then 3 seconds. The audio quality is about the same for both. Trapster uses the same maps that google uses but trapster loads in a fourth of the time. Why?
  3.    #23  
    Oh and my phone gets 2Mb/s+ download at my apartment. I know because I have an apartment wide wifi here of 1.6 Megs and the pre is faster. And yet and Pandora and Google Maps sometimes don't open at all. YPMobile, Slacker, Trapster all load faster but Google Maps and Pandora are better apps....
    I don't have any evidence for this but I think I heard that it was discovered that pretty much the entirety of the Google Maps app is downloaded each time you start it. That's why there is never an update for it in the update app.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by victory7314 View Post
    I have the problem of my gps location having a 2mi radius, sometimes I am not even in that circle. I am on the sprint network, any ideas?
    You may want to check your settings. Most on Sprint report that they are located within feet of where they are.

As for loading speed of Pandora and Google maps, Pandora loads within seconds on my Pre and Google maps a few months back loaded quickly but lately it takes over 30 seconds. Not sure if a change was made by Google or Palm.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by victory7314 View Post
    When I get the crazy large radius it's in one of two situations:
    1) I just started google maps and it has my last known location loaded.
    -Solution: Give it a minute and it should catch up.
    2) I'm in a building/extremely cloudy and it can't update the GPS location.
    -Solution: Give it time and hope for the A-GPS information to narrow it down (is it even possible for aGPS to triangulate you?). Pray for a break in the clouds or go out side.

I live in southern Arizona so the dry air and mostly flat area probably accounts for my GPS always working when I need it
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    I thought Google gimped the WebOS version of maps ,so as not to compete with Android.
    Never mind because Sprint Nav is great.
    Pandora loads pretty quickly for me.
    I listen in the car.
    When I have Sprint Nav also running the music fades and driving directions come over my stereo,then music resumes.
    Sometimes Im listening to Pandora and a call comes in.
    I thought you couldnt use data and phone at the same time?
    It lets calls through which is great.
    pandora works quick for me and g-maps I have no complaints with it.
    I use google maps almost daily. I do a lot of geocaching and google maps really comes in handy. Yes it loads a bit slow but I wouldn't say it sucks. I love the way a blue dot moves on the map as I move closer to the cache.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    google maps has slowed on my Pre too, since a few months ago. The YP app uses bing maps and is fast like g maps used to be. I hope a bing maps app will compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    I thought Google gimped the WebOS version of maps ,so as not to compete with Android.
    Never mind because Sprint Nav is great.
    Pandora loads pretty quickly for me.
    I listen in the car.
    When I have Sprint Nav also running the music fades and driving directions come over my stereo,then music resumes.
    Sometimes Im listening to Pandora and a call comes in.
    I thought you couldnt use data and phone at the same time?
    It lets calls through which is great.
    I use mine the same way on the way to school. Does your battery go down instead of up in the car? If I have Pandora & SprintNav open, my battery doesn't go up anymore, it starts to go down. It sucks majorly.

I'm using a touchstone charger of course, but if yours goes up, I'll just switch it out.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12