1.    #1  
    <<deleted>>
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 08/11/2011 at 05:15 AM.
    Any Pixi unlock in sight?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I did a pre-dig into the Pixi Doctor, seems like it's the same Qualcomm MSM family of chips, though there are no explicit references like the Pre Doctor does.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I did a pre-dig into the Pixi Doctor, seems like it's the same Qualcomm MSM family of chips, though there are no explicit references like the Pre Doctor does.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Perhaps it's possible to instal meta-doctored 1.4.1 Pre firmware on it and run the unlock. Don't see why not.
    The reason why some Pre Plus devices couldn't be unlocked is a USB buffer error. No idea what that means. Geek stuff.
    If its the same Qualcomm MSM family of chips, why the need to install meta-doctored 1.4.1 Pre firmware onto the Pixi Plus? It might work on one right out of the box.

Anybody tried it yet?

EDIT: Model code will look different to the nextgen servers, that might be all that's different. In theory at least, that shouldn't matter because we already know the model codes are different on the Pre and the Pre Plus, and the NextGen Pre unlock works for the most part on the Pre Plus (except some SFR units). Even if the NextGen unlock doesn't work on the Pixi Plus, the modifications hopefully will be simple for Max!

Asking again, anybody tried it yet on a Pixi Plus, or is there anybody willing to try it?

TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 06/11/2010 at 12:55 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Perhaps it's possible to instal meta-doctored 1.4.1 Pre firmware on it and run the unlock. Don't see why not.
    The reason why some Pre Plus devices couldn't be unlocked is a USB buffer error. No idea what that means. Geek stuff.
    Actually don't do that. It might brick it. Pixi uses an ARMv6 chip and the Pre is ARMv7. Different architectures, different codebase, different kernel. Which probably means even the bootloader may be different.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Actually don't do that. It might brick it. Pixi uses an ARMv6 chip and the Pre is ARMv7. Different architectures, different codebase, different kernel. Which probably means even the bootloader may be different.
    Toni's right, don't install a Pre doctor on a Pixi it will probably brick the Pixi.

Trying to run the unlock on one with the base Pixi image still on it is less likely to brick the Pixi. If you get an unlock code from NextGen, and it doesn't work after two try's, then stop so you don't screw yourself for later. I'm sure NextGen will apply a credit for use after an official unlock comes along.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    It works !
    Thank you everybody and JIC Technology for your support !

Special thx at tomi666 and Richard
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    i_maq's got a Pixi Plus and tried, but ran into all sorts of errors Nextgen couldn't help him with.
    All that happens is that your computer won't pick up the Pixi as the right kind of device to install the GAK Asterman drivers needed during the unlock process. Didn't brick my phone, just didn't work, that's all. Can't wait for them to get onto the Pixi unlock!!
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I tried everything man! Tried it on my normal Vista PC, tried a fresh install on an XP machine, tried to force the driver update, put the Pixi in nodiag, diag on usb 1, diag on usb 1 with useUSBNet! It just wouldn't identify the Pixi correctly!
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    No, I stuck a fork in the USB port on the pixi and even that didn't work!!! That's my lucky fork, whatever I stick it into works

anyone tried a baseband downgrade with pixi plus?

Chris
    does anyone have the doctor for verizon pixi plus 1.3.1?
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I'm still waiting on the GSM Pixi unlock :-/
    JIC haven't tested it yet. If it doesn't work, it shouldn't take much work to fix it.
    I'm awaiting feedback from a few P|C users to pass on to JIC.

Update:
    JIC Tech has to do another urgent project first. After that, they'll take a look at the Pixi Plus (in 2 or 3 weeks or so).

Could anyone confirm the RSC workaround with 1.3.5.2 modem firmware could/should work on the Pixi Plus?
    tomi can i ask you? i have read through all the posts but i am still not sure.
    is the modem firmware downgrade know to brick a pre?
    coz i am thinking of trying it on my pixi.
    and is it Reverseable? how do you make sure your modem firmware is reversed back to normal? will install a doctor help?

unless you have insider info about JIC releasing the unlock soon, i am so impatient!
    chirs