Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    i got 3 replacement phones so far and i have the same battery since i first got my phone.
    Ayup, its pretty well a universal "policy" - my daughter has one of the original BB Storm's - she is on her third replacement and had the original battery until this week. (She paid Verizon $43 for a replacement battery). If I had known, would have ordered her one from a variety of "other" places for 1/3rd what she paid. <sigh>

Like the OP, overclocking intrigues me, but I'll probably wait another six months or so. Just bought the Pre Plus in March. Short of voice-dialing, it does about everything I need it to do and more.
    push
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx Spaced xX View Post
    That's my problem, so I want to know if overclocking is a smart idea? Also, has anyone who has overclocked had their phones annihilated from overclocking? Are the risks great, or will the fact that when the phone is on stand-by it reverts to back 500Mhz cool it off?

I can't afford a phone if my phone gets destroyed, so I'll be screwed. Everyone here is really awesome, and I haven't had a bad experience with the precentral forum goers, so I know you guys wouldn't steer me wrong.

Thanks in advance, guys!
    My experience has been that it doesn't get that hot even with overclocking. However, the general slowness and TMC can be fixed with the F102 or F104 kernel. With 104 you can use Govnah to limit the overclocking to 600 (which technically is not overclocking since 3340 is built/rated for 600 MHz and underclocked by Palm. This is also the speed PRE defaults to while playing a PDK app e.g. 3d games.

I have used screenstate and that automatically lowers the speed to 500MHz (or lower if configured) while the screen is off. A word of Advice though, some people have had issue with using 125 MHz. I have used 250 MHz and it worked fine. Right now I am using F102 which has support for screensate 500/800 ONLY and it works amazingly well see my thread http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...nel-rocks.html

SO my opinion is that you should doctor your PRE and then install F104 with Govnah and use screenstate 500/600.

Let me know how it works out.
    [QUOTE=Xx Spaced xX;2502636]I've been thinking about this a lot lately, but I can't decide whether or not to do it: Overclocking. I really want to do it, but I'm worried. My phone has heated up a couple of times uncontrollably (so bad that I had to turn the phone off, and pull the battery to cool it off, and stop the battery from draining completely. It went from 100% to 20% in

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-your-pre.html

just see this link, also why is it overheating? what temperature are you getting? or are you being paranoid?
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
  5.    #25  
    I wasnt being paranoid. The phone got uncomfortably hot...I mean really hot. I dont know the temp, I didnt have the temperature patch installed either time. It just got really hot, and my battery drained at a really abnormal level (100 to 20 in about an hour) I restarted, and it stopped and hasn't done it since. But, when I say hot, I mean hot. Not warm.
    Admiration is the furthest emotion away from understanding.

Lou Holtz loves slurpies!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12