Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ususally I am soo excited for the new update! Not this time! How long will overclocking be down? Will we still be able to use Mobile hotspot? (Sprint) What about patches that are not on preware that I cant live without (Ex. Mamouton's Back speaker patch that increase the speaker phone volume)
    Is there a way or a patch to avoid this update?
    Have a good one
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Ususally I am soo excited for the new update! Not this time! How long will overclocking be down? Will we still be able to use Mobile hotspot? (Sprint) What about patches that are not on preware that I cant live without (Ex. Mamouton's Back speaker patch that increase the speaker phone volume)
    Is there a way or a patch to avoid this update?
    Have a good one
    Just turn update until you have seen all the apps and patches have been updated for 1.4.5
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/10/2010 at 07:09 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Just turn don't update until you have seen all the apps and patches have been updated for 1.4.5
    It is such a hassle. It is always trying to auto update
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    How were you excited about other updates but not this one? Are you new to patching your pre? In the old days (hah) everything had to be reloaded. I think a lot less is necessary when the 1.4.5 update drops. Relax.
    some are already updated right? Shouldn't the dev group have had access to the new update version just for this reason?
    Turn aeroplane mode on when you sleep so it can't download during the night and just watch it when your using it and make sure it doesn't install.
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/10/2010 at 07:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I thought the new update was all about speed... so hopefully the 800mhz overclock doesn't need to be performed... (lol)

We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I thought the new update was all about speed... so hopefully the 800mhz overclock doesn't need to be performed... (lol)

We'll see.
    The next update is mainly about PDK app support. We might get a little bump in speed as a bonus though...
    Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
  10.    #10  
    Thanks but I am not that smart
    Thanks but I am not that smart

LMAO...me neither. I'm not looking forward to the update either. The glass effect suite has my pre looking so sexy. I don't think the author is working on anymore updates for it, I really don't want to be with out it. Maybe he'll come back and do an update if he has to do it for his phone to get it working. That and blue dialer are my favs.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    LMAO...me neither. I'm not looking forward to the update either. The glass effect suite has my pre looking so sexy. I don't think the author is working on anymore updates for it, I really don't want to be with out it. Maybe he'll come back and do an update if he has to do it for his phone to get it working. That and blue dialer are my favs.
    Well, I'm pretty sure that Glass Effect Suite only replaces images in WebOS. Therefore, I can almost guarantee that it will still work with the next update.
    yea I got my pre running and looking good right now I don't want an update effing everything up lol
    I don't think there is much to worry about. 1.4.5 is far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    I don't think there is much to worry about. 1.4.5 is far away.
    Its not that far off its been sent to sprint already for testing
    I do not think you will not have much to worry about i remember going from 1.3 to 1.4 and it did not take but 2 or 3 days for all my patches to be good took about a week maybe a bit longer for my tether to work...

As a safe bet remove your theme and your custom kernel (uber or the other) also remove govnah... they say its OTA safe but it has not been tested yet so unless you want to be a lab rat i would wait before that tested :P you should be ok bud i was freaking out first update too but now its not a worry for me any more
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    As a safe bet remove your theme and your custom kernel (uber or the other) also remove govnah... they say its OTA safe but it has not been tested yet so unless you want to be a lab rat i would wait before that tested

Even though I can't confirm that it was tested, it would not have been that hard to do (at least with older OS versions, ex. 1.4.0 to 1.4.1.1). I don't think the WebOS Internals team would come out and say that it is OTA safe without doing that type of testing.

Now, the disclaimer is, that may have been the case in the last update, but without having the next update in hand to test... you can't be sure.

Govnah won't be a problem at all as it is just an app. If you are concerned about UberKernel, just set it to the Palm Default profile and restart your Pre at least once before applying the OTA update.
    Does anyone know ofically when the 1.4.5 update is going to be avaiable? Does anyone know what kind of enhancements will be available?
    Nothing here yet.
    the only thing that is certain is that it will come to sprint first.

my fellow vzw users will be it one month later, maybe end of july?

sigh.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast