1.    #1  
    I've had my pre since launch. There have been ample opportunities to show off the pre's excellence. But for some reason under the heavy lights, Simon Cowell standing by, and 3 secs on the clock my beloved pre chokes like king james. Especially when trying to show features to the wife. One extremely embarrassing moment was with coworkers. My turn to drive to lunch. Bluetooth stereo and sprint nav at the ready. Two turns later the dreaded red crossed out satellite icon. No more directions. Luckily somebody had a printout. Another time involves music and dial pad app slowing to a crawl. And of course too many cards mesage.
    I'm not getting your cultural and historical references.

I imagine the problem with sprint nav could be blamed on coverage and the dial pad app can be sped up by deleting the call history.

I personally haven't received a TMC error since I've begun to oc my phone, and all of my demo's have gone great.

Maybe consider running through what you'd like to show a few times under different conditions so you can tell when something will go wrong and just jump around it so you don't leave a bad impression. And don't forget to considerably give examples and list features while your trying to show them something as it helps to make it not seem like forever.
    I appreciate that it was embarrassing and that you're peeved off with the Pre, but we don't really need another thread bashing it down. There were plenty of places you could have posted this fairly minor complaint such as http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...omplaints.html

Don't mean any offence - I just think we need to lighten the mood around here a bit and hold off on creating entire new threads about why the Pre sucks.

I am not a moderator - please continue
    Last edited by errade; 06/11/2010 at 10:08 AM.
  4.    #4  
    errade are you serious? Every topic has been posted and reposted a thousand times. I highly doubt anyone would find a "new" problem with the over 1yr old pre. My post was about the satellite error messages that I receive. Glad to see someone getting paid in this bad economy for moderating a phone forum.

alex: you never heard of king james= lebron james or simon cowell. I was saying that when I try to show off the pre amongst friends/strangers/family something happens with the pre.
    I agree - free speech and all that
    Last edited by errade; 06/11/2010 at 10:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Don't like it? Don't read it. Problem solved.
    Well I *consistently* show up my iPhone, Berry, and Android toting colleagues to the point that I'm the "info guy" in meetings from researchong on the net and evernote use. So...

I've been in these situations, too. I got the GPS signal weak satellite icon taking my family back from the zoo this past weekend. Just had to wing it to get back to the interstate. I never show anyone pictures on my device because of the erratic Photos app lag. Sometimes just swiping between screens is laggy too, even at 800mhz.

Sucks. But I still use a Pre anyway. Really hope to hear some good news about upcoming handsets from either HPalm or Sprint in August or thereabouts. I don't think the Evo is for me. My current Pre may not last much longer, and I'm not sure I want to do replacement #8.
    I know what the OP mean. Everytime someone want to use my pre or if I'm showing them something. It runs slow or I always get the too many cards. I had my pre since launch and just hope it gets better but gosh It takes forever to load the camera and pictures. Everytime I even load sprint nav when I'm on the trip I get TMC even when I'm not even opening any apps. I guess my pre hates the spotlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I know what the OP mean. Everytime someone want to use my pre or if I'm showing them something. It runs slow or I always get the too many cards. I had my pre since launch and just hope it gets better but gosh It takes forever to load the camera and pictures. Everytime I even load sprint nav when I'm on the trip I get TMC even when I'm not even opening any apps. I guess my pre hates the spotlight.
    Try the new OC update F102 or F104 by unixpsycho. It has fixed the TMC issue for me. Here is the link to the thread where you can download the new OC kernel.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...erimental.html

Here is my thread on the experience with this kernel.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...nel-rocks.html
    Last edited by sapient2k7; 06/11/2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: added link to the kernel
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I don't mean to rub it in, but it may be that the original "Palm Pre" had some problems due to the lower amount of memory which have been fixed in the Pre Plus versions.