1.    #1  
    I have set up tethering on my phone and can connect my pixi and laptop to my wifi network, but I cannot get my xbox to connect.
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkGoalie View Post
    I have set up tethering on my phone and can connect my pixi and laptop to my wifi network, but I cannot get my xbox to connect.
    Nothing can connect to Xbox Live!

Are you talking about the webpage?

Or the box itself, if the box, nothing can.

What are you looking to do?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    What software are you using to tether? In theory, it should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    What software are you using to tether? In theory, it should work.
    What will work in theory, what is he trying to connect to? The Xbox? To do what?

I have an xbox and that's locked down, so I'm not sure what you both are trying to do, can you explain since you say in theory it can be done, I'm interested in what can be do, to do what?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    even if you do get it to work it will be laggy as hell
    Tethering worked just fine on the xbox for me. I have a WiFi adapter though no idea if your trying tether from your phone to computer to the 360 with an Ethernet cable. Also xbox live actually DOESN'T lag and it uses very little bandwidth. It's nice being able to play MW2 in a hotel.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    What will work in theory, what is he trying to connect to? The Xbox? To do what?

I have an xbox and that's locked down, so I'm not sure what you both are trying to do, can you explain since you say in theory it can be done, I'm interested in what can be do, to do what?

Rob
    He wants to connect his XBox to his Pixi Wifi in order to connect to XBox Live through his actual XBox
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Tethering worked just fine on the xbox for me. I have a WiFi adapter though no idea if your trying tether from your phone to computer to the 360 with an Ethernet cable. Also xbox live actually DOESN'T lag and it uses very little bandwidth. It's nice being able to play MW2 in a hotel.
    I wasn't referring to baudwith. I was talking about ping time. I don't know how you could stand to play mw2 with pings that high.
    I've done this and it had no lag while playing online, said many times this should be a sticky since its asked a lot, but here's my tutorial for it

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...0-psp-etc.html
    Make sure you have the download speed patch and then tether you phone to Xbox 360 using MHS or MT and make sure you have freetether also. Also make sure you have good signal as it will be a little laggy if not. I have done so with success and the only reason i tried it was because my Nephew wanted to play on Live from his dad's house while he was there.

PS. Ping time on my phone while at my house is in the mid 60's but i believe that to be because i am less then 1/2 a mile from a cell tower.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    i am using my tether on my pre and want to run Xbox live since i do not have internet where I am living. I have the G band wifi adapter but when I set up the network, it will find my pre tether network but will not connect to it. I am addicted to MW2 and wanna keep playing at my home!!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Make sure you have the download speed patch and then tether you phone to Xbox 360 using MHS or MT and make sure you have freetether also. Also make sure you have good signal as it will be a little laggy if not. I have done so with success and the only reason i tried it was because my Nephew wanted to play on Live from his dad's house while he was there.

PS. Ping time on my phone while at my house is in the mid 60's but i believe that to be because i am less then 1/2 a mile from a cell tower.
    I have both MHS and MT but the 360 wont actually connect, i find the network i am broadcasting, select, enter the passphrase, then it says "not connected" what does freetether do?
    I have both MHS and MT but the 360 wont actually connect, i find the network i am broadcasting, select, enter the passphrase, then it says "not connected" what does freetether do?
    freetether allows for the passthrough "forwarding" + Network Address Translation "NAT" to the wifi, BT and USB. "This is crutial for operation".

Without it MHS & MT are useless I believe.

I don't know about the newest MT as my Mac OS Program for updating MT no longer updates itself or the MT App.
    Last edited by demetry14; 06/11/2010 at 12:46 AM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    yea I've done it and have a video on youtube... ..i have another that I didn't upload yet that shows the connection.. I play halo 3 for an hour with green bar the whole time...80-120 ping and 1.4mb down and 700kb up
  15.    #15  
    freetether allows for the passthrough "forwarding" + Network Address Translation "NAT" to the wifi, BT and USB. "This is crutial for operation".

Without it MHS & MT are useless I believe.

I don't know about the newest MT as my Mac OS Program for updating MT no longer updates itself or the MT App.
    i cant find freetether in preware
    i cant find freetether in preware
    Get it Freetether here:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...s/testing/all/

& the Freetether Daemon from here and use WOSQI to install them.
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...testing/armv7/

17.    #17  
    [QUOTE=demetry14;2503161]Get it Freetether here:

so what do i do with freetether? I am a total newb at all of this, I opened the app and turned IP forwarding on, what else do i have to do with it? the "IP Address" field is blank on every tab.
    [QUOTE=HawkGoalie;2504512]
    Get it Freetether here:

so what do i do with freetether? I am a total newb at all of this, I opened the app and turned IP forwarding on, what else do i have to do with it? the "IP Address" field is blank on every tab.
    once you enabled IP forwarding that's it. close the app. everytime you reboot and want to tether you will need to open freetether and re-enable IP forwarding. Once that is donw enable the wifi portion of the tethering through MHS or MT.