1.    #1  
    I've recently changed from a Centro to the new Pre Plus. When I make a short phone call the phone gets very hot. Is this normal? I've never had this happen on a phone before.
    This is normal for the phone to get warm. Have you installed anything from preware or a new kernal?
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    This is normal so far as I know. Same here.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  4.    #4  
    I've added a few apps from the App Store and set up my syncing but otherwise I don't usually mess with my phone. I could see it getting hot while charging but how hot is too hot? Is this a flaw with my particular phone or a feature of the Pre? I've never actually had to return a phone but I'm wondering if this is "normal" or a problem. Any indications I should watch for?
    Quote Originally Posted by joykenn View Post
    I've added a few apps from the App Store and set up my syncing but otherwise I don't usually mess with my phone. I could see it getting hot while charging but how hot is too hot? Is this a flaw with my particular phone or a feature of the Pre? I've never actually had to return a phone but I'm wondering if this is "normal" or a problem. Any indications I should watch for?
    The phone radio does generate quite a bit of heat when making calls and is apparently close enough to the back cover that you feel it there. There are some patches to monitor temp and give warnings, you could install them using WebOS Quick Install or Preware if you wanted that functionality.

Otherwise though, it is normal and expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by joykenn View Post
    It's hard to say if there's a problem without knowing what temperature your phone is getting to. One thing that could cause your Pre to heat up beyond normal is if the proximity sensor is not working properly and the screen is remaining on when the phone is at your ear. If this is the case, go into Device Info tap on Preferences and run the Quick tests to see if the sensor is working properly. Warm is normal, hot is not.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    this is "normal."

how many days have you owned your pre plus?

over the first 7-10 days of owning the phone, it seems that it still is syncing/updating all your contacts, calender, etc. and because of that the phone gets hot and battery life plummets. especially with yahoo contacts. after this period, things cool down and the phone works fine. it may get slightly warm during use as a phone, but should not get hot anymore unless multitasking. Atleast this was my experience when I first got the phone in jan. see my 40 days 40 nights post.

btw, welcome.