Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I installed the F102 kernel yesterday and I am not getting ANY too many cards open errors. I was getting them without any cards open (I have several apps that run periodically and update stats e.g. weather icon, wallpaper switcher etc.).

I was able to run and play several PDK games WITHOUT having to restart the phone a single time. Battery life seems to be great as well.

It defaults to 800/500 screenstate profile and 800MHZ with this kernel feels a lot snappier than uberkernel that I was using previously. I am not getting any checkerboards in the browser either.

This feels like the Phone I had hoped PRE was and hoping that with all the enhancements for GPU acceleration it will be even faster after the next update.

I think this deserved its own thread as a lot of people who have used it have already thanked the creator in the main thread. However, I would not have seen it had it not been on webOSroundup.

AS always overclocking runs the risk of voiding your warranty. You can however use the F104 kernel and underclock using Govnah i.e. 250/500 or 250/600. The enhancements in this kernel related to memory are worth getting this kernel.

Link to the Kernel Thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...erimental.html
    Last edited by sapient2k7; 06/10/2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: forgot link
    Wonder if it will come in preware?
  3.    #3  
    UberKernel may get these updates soon and UK is already on preware. This kernel requires webOS Quick Install to install but it (webOS QI) is very use to use.

@kkhanMD
    Are you have the TMC error as well?
    i agree, i tested it last night on my sprint pre and i was able to open up 31 cards!, NO TMC ERROR but it did get a performance lag but still feels great not to get the error.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

5.    #5  
    After 31 cards I would be amazed if it didn't have a performance lag

I have never been able to open more than 5 without getting both tmc AND lag.
    not having TMC errors. use a verizon pre plus running uberKernal
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    not having TMC errors. use a verizon pre plus running uberKernal
    of course bc u guys have 512 mb ram we have 256 mb ram
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    After 31 cards I would be amazed if it didn't have a performance lag

I have never been able to open more than 5 without getting both tmc AND lag.
    yeah a while ago on non so intensive apps i would be able to open up 20 and then thats it, but last night i opened 31 i even included preware and TweetMe which normally TweetMe has a memory problem and i would get TMC with only TweetMe open, i opened up almost every app in my launchers and i got no TMC but i did have a 5 second performance lag after 31
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

9.    #9  
    That's awesome. I for one couldn't open anything after opening preware. I installed luna manager so that I could reboot luna anytime I want. I also installed preset for the same reason.
    i just tested video recording with facebook beta bad kitty email and messaging in the background and no lag whatsoever while recording; i used to get tremendous lag on video recording that it would normally disrupt the recording, anyways im not using the F102, im using the F104
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

11.    #11  
    I used f102 as I wanted to just test the barebones kernel without adding govnah or something else. 500/800 screenstate was working fine on my uberkernel so I thought this would be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    of course bc u guys have 512 mb ram we have 256 mb ram
    I was wondering what advantages this kernal offers over uberkernal
  13.    #13  
    Compcache
    advantage is I guess memory management
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

15.    #15  
    Compcache allows better virtual swap file management. My thoughts are "it works". It should be included in the next official update let alone uber kernel.
    it's nothing short of amazing.. i got the f104, and never let it go bellow 800mhz ( i have 5 spare batteries, always have atleast 2 in my wallet so not worried about battery life)..

2 pdk apps, gameboy emulator playing crystal, email, 2x 2d games, 2 browser pages, phone app, texts.. It had a fair amount of lag while playing 2d games, and email was fairly slow to, but browser, pdk games, and gameboy all ran fine...
    I have had this for about a week and it's really true. Performance is top notch and I have yet to have TMC error. I opened up 3 PDK games. One of them was NOVA. No TMC. TMC is dead. Palm needs to add this to the official kernel.
    i have the original very 1st 800mhz sh install file.

To install:

do I simply uninstall it, and download the f104 ipk and install via Quick Install?
    Shucks - getting install error - "cannot find file"
    Last night i had 40 cards open and no error, however after about 15 cards there was very noticeable lag, but all applications did load and open.

It also runs very smooth,as long as you have a decent number of cards open,5-7 at a time.

This kernal runs very well and i no longer recieve tmc error at any time.
    even in 40 applications still a no show. Great work

F104
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast