Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I am not getting any checkerboards in the browser either.
    I dont think F102 Kernel works to well with the AT&T phones.

I have been doing test and after I did a full erase, then installed F102 I still get the checkerboards in the web browers.

Anyone else get anything different?
    Just installed it on the OG sprint Pre, 12 webpage cards opened at once. Loving it!
    now the pre really is the ****. the one frustration i had with WebOS is no longer. thanks again Unixpsycho!!
    it took about a year but wow!..my pre is now officially perfect!
    This patch is feaking amazing! I mean, it is like having a new Palm Pre. What is it actually doing? Anybody knows?
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    This patch is feaking amazing! I mean, it is like having a new Palm Pre. What is it actually doing? Anybody knows?
    It has compcache builtin. this helps with better memory utilization using a RAM based block device which acts as swap disk. You can read more about compcache here.

compcache - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Palm needs to add this to the stock Kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    Honestly, Palm could do a lot worse than hiring Unixpsycho into their core team.
    Most definitely
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by magistus View Post
    Palm needs to add this to the stock Kernel.
    I believe this has helped 256 Mb Palm Devices a LOT, so yeah I agree Palm should include it in the default kernel.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I am absolutely and completely flabbergasted. This is amazing. I had 18 apps opened (basic ones that don't use much memory, but that by itself is quite an amazing feat) and then I opened Driver, a fairly graphics intensive, presumably high memory usage app. It took a little while to load (understandably!) but I didn't get the TMC error - just took some time to load, and ran a little slow. But this is un-freakin-believable. There's been times when I tried to run Driver BY ITSELF and got the TMC error. This is how this OS was meant to be. I sincerely hope Palm hires you as a lead dev on WebOS, unixpsycho. <3
    Last edited by staeit; 06/14/2010 at 10:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I believe this has helped 256 Mb Palm Devices a LOT, so yeah I agree Palm should include it in the default kernel.
    Considering I was able to open 2 PDK games at the same time while having 6 or so other apps open, it's very impressive.
    How are people's battery life with this kernel?
    I have never been able to play any of the Gameloft games on my Sprint Pre without reseting it first. I haven't been able to have more than 4 cards open after using my Pre for more than 1 hour without reseting. This is a must install patch! TOTALLY AMAZING!!! So is this patch necessary for the ATT Palm Pre Plus? or there is no need for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    How are people's battery life with this kernel?
    Same as before.. Compcache is to die for. Battery life will be better, when they make better batt that can hold the charge.
    Last edited by rush; 06/14/2010 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Same as before.. Compcache is to die for. Battery life will be better, when they make better batt that can hold the charge.
    Exactly.

The F104 kernal allows all the same CPU settings that Uber Kernal allows, so you'll get similar battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I have never been able to play any of the Gameloft games on my Sprint Pre without reseting it first. I haven't been able to have more than 4 cards open after using my Pre for more than 1 hour without reseting. This is a must install patch! TOTALLY AMAZING!!! So is this patch necessary for the ATT Palm Pre Plus? or there is no need for it?
    This kernel is for all phones not just non-plus phones. Compcache also make the device run smoother, and have a overall good performance. (note) For the non-plus phones it does fix the long suffering of the too many card error. All phones benefit from using this kernel. :-)
    Last edited by rush; 06/14/2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I installed F102 today and now it appears that my phone won't charge when plugged into a computer any more. I've had it plugged in for a while and the percentage has yet to increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by quazi11 View Post
    I installed F102 today and now it appears that my phone won't charge when plugged into a computer any more. I've had it plugged in for a while and the percentage has yet to increase.
    Plug it directly into the wall and see if it charges. Mine did the same thing earlier this week, but hasn't happened again.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Were you able to charge it via computer after you pluged it directly into the wall? Don't have my wall charger with me so I can't try it right now. I've always relied on my computer to charge when at work.
    I don't remember if the problem went away right away or not, but it did go away the next day or two (not sure what the cause - or solution was).
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast