Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Have Pre+ users noticed any additional benefits to using this kernel?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    i have the original very 1st 800mhz sh install file.

To install:

do I simply uninstall it, and download the f104 ipk and install via Quick Install?
    Yes, all previous versions of overclock "should" be removed before installing this one. This is just a precaution but I think it is a must if you want to minimize your chances of requiring a trip to Doctor.
    Last edited by sapient2k7; 06/11/2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    Have Pre+ users noticed any additional benefits to using this kernel?
    Yes, performance is better all together than other overclock kernels. No reboots, no screen freezes, no excessive heat either. No more heat than with the stock kernel as well as no Too Many Cards error. What more do you need, it definitely worth the switch.
    can someone post a link to where i can find this kernal
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdstal View Post
    can someone post a link to where i can find this kernal
    The link to the original thread where this is available for download is on the first post. I am reposting it here.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...erimental.html

Another kernel patch???

I've been using the Uber patch for over a month now (screenstate 500/800) and loving the speed. The random freeze ups with the camera (and in general) are annoying, but it's almost worth the trade off.

I hope the Uber people come out with another update to their wonderful creation. I'm already off the EVO fence and sticking with my Pre.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Just installed F104, and so far so great, I love not having the TMC message, keep up the great work.
    Honestly, Palm could do a lot worse than hiring Unixpsycho into their core team.
  9.    #29  
    @errade

I agree. It is the hard work of people like unixpsycho that keeps me hopeful about the future of webOS devices. They should be compensated someway.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    i have the original very 1st 800mhz sh install file.

To install:

do I simply uninstall it, and download the f104 ipk and install via Quick Install?

Uninstall. Reboot. Download F104 and install that via WOSQI. It should reboot.

If you're going to run F104 you'll want to be running Govnah to adjust it in case your pre doesn't like the 125/800 scaling.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    I'm trying to run this with Govnah screenstate of 250/800, but when I go to change it from 125/800 it just sticks at 250 all the time... after a reboot it goes to 800, but when I turn the screen off and then back on the phone freezes up

I think my phone doesn't like this kernel because I had no problems with UK
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    I'm trying to run this with Govnah screenstate of 250/800, but when I go to change it from 125/800 it just sticks at 250 all the time... after a reboot it goes to 800, but when I turn the screen off and then back on the phone freezes up

I think my phone doesn't like this kernel because I had no problems with UK
    Try it with 500/800 remember it has a compressed swap file feature which seems to help with the TMC error but it "may" require > 250 MHz speed. Try it with 500/800 and let us know of it works.
    I have just a small problem with the F104 Kernah and Govnah. I run ScreenState 25/720 and it works great but when ever I plug it into the OEM Palm Wall Carger it goes down to RF@ and stas there. The second I unplug it jun.ps up to 720... Any ideas what I should try?
    Its flipping AWESOME!
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    Try it with 500/800 remember it has a compressed swap file feature which seems to help with the TMC error but it "may" require > 250 MHz speed. Try it with 500/800 and let us know of it works.
    Honestly, I uninstalled it and put UK back on. I'm not trying to troll or threadcrap, but it was too much trouble on my phone. Plus, for me, 500/800 would defeat the purpose since I like using 125/800 with UK.
    I will have to get it, with TweetMe my to many card errors end up happening daily, and i always forget to run jstop which only works so much, to many card errors seem to eventually happen with jstop, and id like to not have to keep that running. Only issue I have these days with my phone other then the card error is when brightness unlinked "refreshes" on the bottom I get some pretty bad lag when it shows up in the notification area.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    Another kernel patch???

I've been using the Uber patch for over a month now (screenstate 500/800) and loving the speed. The random freeze ups with the camera (and in general) are annoying, but it's almost worth the trade off.
    That camera lag in Uberkernel was annoying. (By the time the camera finally opened, my kids were no longer doing the cute thing that made me want to take their picture anymore.)
    I was very happy to see that there is NO camera lag with the Compcache Kernel. It does seem to run better. Only takes5 minutes to remove Uber and switch
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Thanks to sapient2k7 for posting this thread, I wasn't aware of what Unixpsyco has been up to lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I have just a small problem with the F104 Kernah and Govnah. I run ScreenState 25/720 and it works great but when ever I plug it into the OEM Palm Wall Carger it goes down to RF@ and stas there. The second I unplug it jun.ps up to 720... Any ideas what I should try?
    That's by design to prevent over-heating while charging using the wall charger. Using PC USB charging wont do that as it only uses 500mA.
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 06/12/2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    hi, how did you get access to the instructions to overclock? I have sent a friend request but now sure what else to do??? help? I need a faster pre.
    thanks!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast