Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    OK so I've had my original Palm Pre since July. I had been putting off all my problems becuase I didnt want to trade in my phone and get a refurb. Well I could take it no longer and got my first refurb phone the other day.

Now the problem is when I look at my screen is looks like there is a bunch of water droplets all over the screen on the inside..

it kind of reminds me of those old school 3d Jesus pictures where from one angle its his face and the other hes on the cross.

thats kind of the screen looks of course its not that bad just an idea to give you guys of what it looks like.

Is this normal ? my old phone did not have this effect so I was wondering if this was something that was on all the new build of the phone .

thanks
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    When I look at my screen very closely, or under certain types of light, I can see what appear to be tiny little pin-*****s, arranged in a neat grid. Is this what you are seeing? I've seen that grid on more than one Pre and it appears to be part of the construction of the phone. If you are seeing something else, or more severe, then it probably is a defect, but if it is this grid, it's fine, and it will go away once you stop focusing on it
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hah, weird. Didn't expect to be censored. Pin-points, then.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    no it's not the grid... This is more like a silvery shiny all over the screen. Just kind of like sometook a damp washcloth across the screen and left the screen all wet.. I'm assuming this is not ormal,guess I'll take it back to sprint for a new one.
    Hey, that pattern you see is Palm's "cost effective" implementation of the cap sensor grid. Try finding that on the iPhone. Cutting corners sometimes costs down the road.
    I've just wiped my Pre GSM (Dr) and desperately trying to remove a "ghost finger" that's gotten worse and worse. I've got a refurb on the way. what a pain in the rear.
    I'm hopeful that the refurb lasts longer than my new one (got it end of May 2010). I'd read the Precentral forums and hoped I could dodge the bullet, but unfortunately not.
    Seems all us Pre fans are victims of Palms "cost effective" construction and materials.