Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I work for a Sprint Indirect Dealer and this got filtered through our channel today. This will allow you to export your PRE or PIXI contacts to a .csv file so you can re-import them into outlook, gmail, or any client.

This is how to get you contacts from your Palm PRE or Pixi. You can create a .csv file to import into most email programs.
    • Open phone dialer on PRE or Pixi
    • Type ##66623#
    • Click on Export
    • This creates the export file (.CSV)….The more contacts you have the longer it takes
    • Connect your USB cable to the computer and also to the PRE when it prompts you too.
    • Click on the USB Drive on your pre to mount to computer
    • Once mounted on your computer, open windows explorer and the Palm PRE
    • Find the folder called temp and open it
    • You will find a file called PmMigration (this is the CSV file)
    • Drag to your documents folder on your computer (PRE Backup folder) if you have one
    • Use this file to import your contacts into Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or Outlook
    • When you’re done Eject your Palm pre or safely remove hardware and then disconnect pre
    • Your done….
    This was created by Mark Shearman from Sprint Store 831
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Wow! Great post. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I love new tips to help anyone!... Keep them coming guys!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Interesting, on Bell the button says "CelleBrite Export". Will try this on the weekend and report back.
    great post. Thanks
    Just an FYI, you can also use my 'Send All Contacts via Email' patch as written up here to get all your contacts in vCard format - no USB connection required:

http://www.precentral.net/how-export...contacts-patch

--Brandon
    Is there a way to do this on O2 UK? Would be really useful!
    Using the patch or this exporting method only work if the contacts are stored in the Palm Profile, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    Interesting, on Bell the button says "CelleBrite Export". Will try this on the weekend and report back.
    Sprint Pre says the same thing. It created a PmMigration.vcf file inside .temp
    I just tried this and it only exports the 1st contact in my list.
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
    I'm not finding the "temp" folder. Hmmmm.....
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Make sure you are set to view hidden folders in MacOSX/Windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    Make sure you are set to view hidden folders in MacOSX/Windows.
    You're a champ! Pretty obvious now, but thanks man!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badhairguy View Post
    I just tried this and it only exports the 1st contact in my list.
    Same here, I only get one contact showing in the vcf file.

I'll stick to the send contacts via email patch.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    If I open the file in Notepad, I see all my contacts (even Google!) but Outlook/PD/Google only see the 1st one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoAide View Post
    If I open the file in Notepad, I see all my contacts (even Google!) but Outlook/PD/Google only see the 1st one.
    Try opening in excel/open office and see what it looks like. It may be the way the CSV compiled. If everything shows up properly in a spreadsheet, I would try saving it to csv from excel, then attempting to import it back into outlook/google/etc
    For those who are getting the contacts exported as a .VCF, and are Outlook users (or other users who get only one contact when they import the vCard file), I recommend using the free tool vCardOrganizer (vCardOrganizer - the vcard editor for Windows) which will let you split the big vCard file into individual files for each contact. A quick search for "vCard splitter" turns up similar programs for Mac and Linux as well.

--Brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Same here, I only get one contact showing in the vcf file.

I'll stick to the send contacts via email patch.
    If you just open up the .Vcf file it will only show the first contact, but try importing the vcf file to either gmail or hotmail then you should see all of it. or try opening the vcf with excel and it will show all of the contacts.
    I did this and it worked, but mine was a .vcf file and it was in the .temp folder, not temp.

By the way, if you're a WinXP user be careful not to open the file using the default Address Book application: it opens every single contact in a separate window, one after the other, with no way to cancel it. You have to hold down the escape key until you've cycled through every single contact (thanks Microsoft!).
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

To get a quick simple csv file. Take the vcard file and dump it into Google, then export from Google as a csv file.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast