webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Guide: Export your contacts to .CSV on Pre and Pixi
Guide: Export your contacts to .CSV on Pre and Pixi
Like Tree3Likes

Old 06/29/2010, 10:13 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Wow, sometime it does take you awhile to see a post. Glad I did see this one though. Good looking out. ;-)
RUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/2010, 11:59 PM   #42 (permalink)

... Just a reminder ... There is a patch for that for those of you who Preware.
JohnnyPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2010, 05:31 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpd15 View Post
Note, for AT&T you substitute a * for the 2nd #, ie:
Use #*66623# then Send then follow the prompts.
Thank you SO much. The patch stopped working for me and couldn't get the Sprint code to work for my AT&T.
nate812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2010, 05:45 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate812 View Post
Thank you SO much. The patch stopped working for me and couldn't get the Sprint code to work for my AT&T.
Looks like I spoke too soon. It errored out stating that if could not create the temporary file.
Old 07/03/2010, 05:14 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate812 View Post
Looks like I spoke too soon. It errored out stating that if could not create the temporary file.
Ahhhh although it errors out it still creates the export file w/ can be imported into Outlook. Does not export contact images however.
Old 08/12/2010, 10:43 PM   #46 (permalink)

had same problem.....did you ever find a solution to this?
Skigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2010, 01:21 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsiegel View Post
Just an FYI, you can also use my 'Send All Contacts via Email' patch as written up here to get all your contacts in vCard format - no USB connection required:

http://www.precentral.net/how-export...contacts-patch

--Brandon
Work this angle, it's faster, easier & less worrisome...IMO...
licotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2011, 01:23 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhairguy View Post
I just tried this and it only exports the 1st contact in my list.
I did also, when I opened up the file with Outlook (default). Just for kicks, I went ahead and imported into my Gmail, and all my contacts came over.
dyun1dyun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2011, 11:46 AM   #49 (permalink)

I was getting an error exporting out of Cellebrite at the sprint store and with the ##66623# method. When I checked my PmMigration.cvf file it only had 6 contacts. It was my first six so i checked the 7th contact and it had an alternate name that I deleted. You could probably just delete the contact all together too. Anyway, everything exported fine after that.

Hope that helps someone.
xover15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2011, 01:51 PM   #50 (permalink)

Has anyone figured out how to export the contact pictures/photos into a vcf file? Many of my Google contacts have the contact pictures. They did not export into the vcf file.
1palmclapping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2011, 09:33 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xover15 View Post
I was getting an error exporting out of Cellebrite at the sprint store and with the ##66623# method. When I checked my PmMigration.cvf file it only had 6 contacts. It was my first six so i checked the 7th contact and it had an alternate name that I deleted. You could probably just delete the contact all together too. Anyway, everything exported fine after that.

Hope that helps someone.
I also opened the vcf file and saw that it stopped after 5 contacts. I looked at my sixth contact and it had three linked profiles... I unlinked them and then ran the process again, this time without any errors.
Good luck getting your contacts into your next phone.
Original day one Pre owner... moving to Motorola Photon.
Loved this site and all the folks here!
rick
rah0218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2011, 10:31 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Vivian View Post
Is there a way to do this on O2 UK? Would be really useful!
A couple of years down the line, but:

1. Open the dialler
2. Key in #*66623# and hit the "dial" (green handset) icon
3. A new card comes up: hit the <CellBrite Export> button
4. Follow instructions to connect your Pre to the USB port of your computer as a USB drive
5. Enable the viewing of hidden files/folders, and navigate to the ".temp" folder
6. Your contacts are in the file called PmMigration.vcf
7. Copy this file to your computer, then import it to your Google contacts or some other email client that permits .VCF import

You can them merge it with your Google contacts before, if required, exporting a .CSV file from there.

As our Pres become useless, I hope this is helpful.
Tetenterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2011, 09:58 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpd15 View Post
Note, for AT&T you substitute a * for the 2nd #, ie:
Use #*66623# then Send then follow the prompts.
Thanks! it helped.
sribkcont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2011, 10:30 AM   #54 (permalink)

Anyone know if there is a similar way to export notes, calendar, todo items from the palm profile side of the phone?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the palm profile only includes these four: Contacts, Calendar, Todo, Notes. All others are either part of app data or synced with a third party account(Yahoo!, Google, etc).

Photos & Music are not backed up anywhere unless you do so manually.
ChrisRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/2011, 06:57 AM   #55 (permalink)

This method is great, but it doesn't save/export the ID photos with each contact...right?

Is there a way to export/save those also?
Atif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 09:17 AM   #56 (permalink)

I tried to export via csv. I couldn't get more than the first contact to transfer. Last week (Oct 2012) I bought a Galaxy s3 from Best Buy. They had a cellbrite device that took all my Palm Pre Plus contacts (almost 800) and transferred them into my new phone. It did not transfer my special fields or any of the pics. I simply transferred the pics to my laptop and then to the Galaxy. I'm keeping my old Palm for a year just in case there's some data I need.
bozpcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2013, 01:59 AM   #57 (permalink)

After I type the ##66623# code into the dialer. The cellebrite export option pops up, but my screen is cracked. Wondering if there is a differnt way to select the cellebrite export button. Really would be great to get the old contacts off my palm pre. Thanks..
om0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2013, 04:41 AM   #58 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

go to my tips, linked in my signature. There is a way to export it with luna-send commands
Old 03/20/2013, 12:19 PM   #59 (permalink)

I'm unable to select the celebrite tab on the broken screen. And am a unsure of how much of the luna fix to type in and wheather or not to use the dialer for the luna fix. My palm pre is not active, meaning the service to make calls has been canceled. Thanks for your tips, Anything you could do to help me would be great. Thanks for your time.
om0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2013, 01:49 PM   #60 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Well read the link in the tips for detailed how to. no screen and no service needed, just usb connection to phone and a pc. Just read.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contacts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0