Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrecords View Post
    I work for a Sprint Indirect Dealer and this got filtered through our channel today. This will allow you to export your PRE or PIXI contacts to a .csv file so you can re-import them into outlook, gmail, or any client.

This is how to get you contacts from your Palm PRE or Pixi. You can create a .csv file to import into most email programs.
    • Open phone dialer on PRE or Pixi
    • Type ##66623#
    • Click on Export
    • This creates the export file (.CSV)….The more contacts you have the longer it takes
    • Connect your USB cable to the computer and also to the PRE when it prompts you too.
    • Click on the USB Drive on your pre to mount to computer
    • Once mounted on your computer, open windows explorer and the Palm PRE
    • Find the folder called temp and open it
    • You will find a file called PmMigration (this is the CSV file)
    • Drag to your documents folder on your computer (PRE Backup folder) if you have one
    • Use this file to import your contacts into Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or Outlook
    • When you’re done Eject your Palm pre or safely remove hardware and then disconnect pre
    • Your done….
    This was created by Mark Shearman from Sprint Store 831
    Very Nice!! Thank you!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Superb! Worked great importing the .vcf file into Google Contacts! However, I now want to DELETE all my (duplicate) contacts from the Palm Profile. Anybody know of a SIMPLE way to do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    Superb! Worked great importing the .vcf file into Google Contacts! However, I now want to DELETE all my (duplicate) contacts from the Palm Profile. Anybody know of a SIMPLE way to do that?
    gmail contacts has an option to search for duplicates.
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo_jojo192002 View Post
    gmail contacts has an option to search for duplicates.
    I know, but that only removes duplicates within Google Contacts. My Pre now has two sets of duplicate contacts, one that syncs to the Palm Profile, and the other that syncs with Google. The Pre links both sets together into a single entry, but I'd prefer not to use the Palm Profile at all (at least for contacts).

I did search this forum and find a partial solution. Turning off Palm Backup and then doing a partial erase will delete ALL the Palm Profile data. However, that will also delete my 8+ years of archived calendar entries that were imported from my old Palm Desktop, and I'd rather not lose that info.

I wish there were a utility where I could simply "select all" Palm Profile contacts, and just delete the entire group!

Perhaps one of the developer geniuses here will try to address that!
    If you don't want to partial erase the only other current option available is a manual process of deleting them...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Actually, manually deleting the dups isn't too bad, as the Pre identifies all the contacts with duplicate profiles with a different picture icon. If you tap on the picture it shows ALL the different profiles. You can then HOLD the RED button and click on the profile you want to delete. Takes just a sec or two.
    So, is this the long rumored contact export that was supposed to come in 1.4 that never appeared?

I would be interested to find out what version of webOS this magically appeared in. Or is this carrier specific?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    So, is this the long rumored contact export that was supposed to come in 1.4 that never appeared?

I would be interested to find out what version of webOS this magically appeared in. Or is this carrier specific?
    Apparently, the Cellebrite function has been available for quite some time, as there was a Precentral Forum thread about it back in 2009! Guess it got lost in the shuffle!

Click here for link.
    If you can't find hidden folders, and you are using a mac, use this link to learn how to find/open hidden folders.

Show all files in the Finder | Software | Mac OS X Hints | Macworld

Works like a charm
    I love lolcats
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Very Nice!! Thank you!
    I followed those instructions but did not see a temp folder of any folder which contained the csv file. I was able to view the pre usb data but no temp folders or csv files.
    What am I missing?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Note, for AT&T you substitute a * for the 2nd #, ie:
    Use #*66623# then Send then follow the prompts.
    thanks,
    Toby.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    this didn't work for me. I entered the code and it just disappeared. No options to do anything. I am on sprint.

Never mind, I missed a 6.
    Last edited by IndyJoe; 06/11/2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: idiocy
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchg219 View Post
    I followed those instructions but did not see a temp folder of any folder which contained the csv file. I was able to view the pre usb data but no temp folders or csv files.
    What am I missing?
    The folder name is ".temp", not just "temp", and it is a hidden folder not just a regular folder (see posts above on how to see this on Windows and Mac), and it is a "VCF" file, not a "CSV" (although it is in CSV format).
    how does this work on vzw?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    dude thanks so much. this is the best app/hack yet.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post
    If you can't find hidden folders, and you are using a mac, use this link to learn how to find/open hidden folders.

Show all files in the Finder | Software | Mac OS X Hints | Macworld

Works like a charm
    Here is another link for Mac OS X to a site that uses Automator to create a script that can toggle the hidden files off and on in Finder.

Toggle display of hidden files in Finder with keyboard shortcut [Update 2] « Art Of Geek

Very handy script to automate displaying hidden files.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I just did this export, it's very easy. (Am using AT&T and Windows XP; see my earlier post for the hash code for AT&T). Nice to have a back-up of all the info on my SIM.

Fan-freakin-tastic! Thanks so much to chaosrecords for posting this tip.
    thanks,
    Toby.
    I just tried both methods and got the same failure from both. All of the entries are scrambled. I've got names and scrambled data associated with them. I've got an entry I made yesterday as a business with a random company added to it, and 5 phone numbers from other contacts added to it's record. A quick scan of imported records lead me to believe that company field was randomized throughout the contact list and phone numbers were randomly duplicated and transferred to additional contacts.

*** ?????

I was attempting to import to Palm Desktop 4.2
    ok, apparently this worked to copy my contacts off my old phone. If I open the pmmigration file in EXCEL it lists my contacts. But now how do I get the contacts on to my new pre? Sorry if this is a stupid question to most of you...
    Nevermind, got it! I ended up opening a gmail account, importing the .csv file and then opening then syncing the gmail acount on my pre. Thanks to the OP for posting this guide!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast