1.    #1  
    Sorry if this is in he wrong section...

Im using my upgrade to get HTC EVO...not for me.. for my wife....she has a palm treo 800w and its on its last legs random starts plus number of other issues. So my plan is to get the EVO(should be getting one 2day) and switch the numbers, but i was told by BestBuy people that i have to keep it(EVO) for 24hrs before swapping...my concern is that will i lose all my stuff that i have on my Pre e.g my contacts, apps, texts etc..??? never done this before....any help is greatly appreciated. 24hrs without pre
    Unless you erase your data or doctor you Pre or something along those lines your phone will keep everything it has. I actually have replaced my Pre with an Evo and it still does everything short of calling and 3G. Still is getting my email, etc over wifi.

Also I am not sure that you actually need to keep it on your account for 24 hours before swapping. You should be able to do it immediately after you leave the store. Just call sprint up and get to swapping.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks....for the info...
    Well once you deactivate your pre to activate the evo you will no longer be connected to the palm account (it will still be there) but once you put your pre back on it will do a sort of reset and then you will have to redo some of your home brew apps and what not (i have done this before) but is what sprint did for me was put the contract on my line but never activate the device on my line instead i had it put on my mom's line it was a birthday present for her... So you do not have to have the phone activated on your line at least not at the sprint store hope this helps
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Well once you deactivate your pre to activate the evo you will no longer be connected to the palm account (it will still be there) but once you put your pre back on it will do a sort of reset and then you will have to redo some of your home brew apps and what not (i have done this before) but is what sprint did for me was put the contract on my line but never activate the device on my line instead i had it put on my mom's line it was a birthday present for her... So you do not have to have the phone activated on your line at least not at the sprint store hope this helps

When you say reset i hope this doesn't mean factory reset or anything like that.....i don't want reset to erase anything from my phone. I don't do homebrew apps so I'm good there. Only thing is that I'm getting the EVO from BestBuy. They(BB) were telling me that i have wait 24hrs before swapping.