1.    #1  
    I still believes in webOS because its multitasking is the KING of all other smartphones, including iPhone 4!! Battery life is what take away the true fully potential multitasking on webOS. Palm/HP, please act quickly and bring the better improved battery life and webOS will rise.

webOS for life.
    The best thing you can do to improve batery life is to buy a larger battery. There are some available that don't require a larger battery cover.
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Any suggestions on the best deal on a replacement battery that doesn't expand the size of the phone? I've read that the Seidio 1350 doesn't always play nice with the phone, loses it's connection and drops power.
    I don't believe battery life can/will be affected that much by changes to webOS. The Pre simply has a small (and less powerful) battery. As others have said there are replacements, and hopefully the next gen hardware will include a better battery.

FWIW, there's lots of posts here about extending battery life. From my experience, and reading others advice, here's my short list:

- Screen is #1 battery killer. Having it on sucks juice fast. Turn down the brightness.
    - Radios (Phone, Wifi, BT, GPS) are probably #2. Turn them off (individually) if you can ... especially if you have no/poor signal for any length of time!
    You and everyone else bud.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetmom88 View Post
    Any suggestions on the best deal on a replacement battery that doesn't expand the size of the phone? I've read that the Seidio 1350 doesn't always play nice with the phone, loses it's connection and drops power.
    this is very true...i personally don't recommend them, though it does make a little improvement with battery life
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetmom88 View Post
    I just ordered the Mugen 1400 mAh battery. Link below. I use the Seidio 2600 mAh all the time when I know I'm going to be in a low signal area and it works like a champ. But I'm a sucker for a smaller slimer phone, so I've ordered the 1400. I'm hoping I don't have any issues with it.

Mugen 1400 mAh
    I second this post ^^ above me

The Mugen 1400 mAh will give you about 4 more hours of battery life for only $30.
    as far as i can tell there is not one smart phone owner who is happy with their battery life. not one.

and if they are, their not using their phone, so whats the point of owning a smart phone.

one day nano technology will catch up to us peon consumers and we can get great battery life, but by then the phones will require more power anyway and we will still be in the same ballpark.

for me its just something we can not change, unless we do not utilize the awesome power these little devises contain in the palm of our hands. i could complain, but what really is that going to solve? nothing.

talk to my wife, i complain all the time but does she change? no
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    All we can hope for is for more development in the battery industry. Something better improve soon with batteries... we've been relying on the same technique and quality for the past decade.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    It is not the WebOS eating more battery than the other phone.
    It is because the other phone don't have synergy. If u turn off Palm Pre's Clouds synergy
    The battery will be as descent as any other phone.