View Poll Results: What do you prefer? Lite multitask that save battery or True multitask that drains it

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lite Multitasking phone no option to swap battery

9 13.24%
  • True Multitasking phone drains battery faster, has option to upgrade\carry add. to swap

59 86.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Apple still hasn't addressed the root of their problem: the outdated UI metaphor in which the nature is still centered around unitasking. You still have the app, home screen, new app, home screen, new app, etc., sequence and it's very herky-jerky. Honestly, I think that webOS did it the best with the cards metaphor, where you swipe up to merely "zoom out" of the app. You can still see it within the context of the home screen, as well as the concurrently-running applications, and then swipe between them. Apple tried so hard to implement a similar system within their predefined UI, but it's STILL clunky.

I'm not sure if it's their one-button (no gesture area) element, some sort of stubbornness, or what, but they must go back to the drawing board with this…or at least refine it…either way, there is just something that's not right. It's not as "human nature" as Apple's interface usually is. In fact, I find it more complicated than webOS.

As far as "resources" and "battery life" goes, I think that's more of a developer's-end sort of problem. It takes one bad apple to spoil the barrel when it comes to running applications in the background; one application can be the memory/process/battery hog which then becomes the one factor that caused your device to die at 2pm rather than 8-9pm. I think that a multitasking environment within a limited-power scenario requires the dev to become more conscience about the resources of which his/her application consumes. It's easy to blame the hardware, but before you do so, look at how efficient your code/task management is.
    Quote Originally Posted by crobcary View Post
    Apple still hasn't addressed the root of their problem: the outdated UI metaphor in which the nature is still centered around unitasking. You still have the app, home screen, new app, home screen, new app, etc., sequence and it's very herky-jerky. Honestly, I think that webOS did it the best with the cards metaphor, where you swipe up to merely "zoom out" of the app. You can still see it within the context of the home screen, as well as the concurrently-running applications, and then swipe between them. Apple tried so hard to implement a similar system within their predefined UI, but it's STILL clunky.

I'm not sure if it's their one-button (no gesture area) element, some sort of stubbornness, or what, but they must go back to the drawing board with this…or at least refine it…either way, there is just something that's not right. It's not as "human nature" as Apple's interface usually is. In fact, I find it more complicated than webOS.

As far as "resources" and "battery life" goes, I think that's more of a developer's-end sort of problem. It takes one bad apple to spoil the barrel when it comes to running applications in the background; one application can be the memory/process/battery hog which then becomes the one factor that caused your device to die at 2pm rather than 8-9pm. I think that a multitasking environment within a limited-power scenario requires the dev to become more conscience about the resources of which his/her application consumes. It's easy to blame the hardware, but before you do so, look at how efficient your code/task management is.
    i completely agree with u, the other thing is is that i like to manage my apps manually, not have apple close them when it wants to, the how im guessing ios4 is, but anyways the cards feature is the best bc it shows ur apps zoomed out "preview" not icons which is wut i love about webOS
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12