Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    Will the My Tether app work on the Verizon Palm Pre Plus before I donate my money?
  2. #2  
    Why don't you use the free official Mobile Hot Spot?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Why don't you use the free official Mobile Hot Spot?
    Because you have to pay for it on big red
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkGoalie View Post
    Will the My Tether app work on the Verizon Palm Pre Plus before I donate my money?
    This has been covered in the my tether thread here My Tether I think it will but i cant remember for sure i have the spint pre
  5. beanner468's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #5  
    I can read, and I saw that the sight "claims" that the pre will work with it, but I wasn't sure about the pre plus. I was hoping that when I had read this post some one would have said, "I use it, and it's great", but I guess it's not the case. I think that since I have fios for my TV, and computer, plus the cell phone, adding the extra 30 bucks a month would officially make my verizon bill higher than my car payment AND my gas and electric combined. It would be nice to be able to connect my lap top to my phone at work once in a while on my break, without having to take out a loan. I am a hairdresser, and I can count on my hand the number of times that I have been able to have computer time on a break though...wishful thinking I guess! Maybe more for a weekend away? Gosh, maybe I really don't need it so much. :/
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Because you have to pay for it on big red
    So when did that change? Most of us here that have verizon get MHS for free. You need to talk to verizon.
  7. mrtonk's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    #7  
    MHS is free now.
  8. #8  
    I paid for My Tether and it worked great for me until the 1.4.1 WebOS update. I can't get it to work now and there is all kinds of crazy talk in the MyTether forums calling for the developer's head (Aonic) because he hasn't released an update that works with 1.4.1.

    I have the FREE Mobile Hotspot app on Verizon and it works fine, although the speeds are a little slower than you would expect. It's FREE, so I'll take what I can get. There is a MB cap and you have to pay for the data you use if you go over.

    Since I have "unlimited" data with my Verizon contract, there is no usage cap, and therefore no penalty for going over when using the MyTether app.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    MHS is free now.
    That's what I thought...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    MHS is free now.
    while the app is free, we only get 5 gigs of usage and it wont support X-Box Live
    Last edited by HawkGoalie; 06/10/2010 at 12:18 PM.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkGoalie View Post
    while the app is free, we only get 5 gigs free per month
    If you use MyTether, you should still stay below 5 gigs a month. I'm sure Verizon is very strict about that...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  12. #12  
    I downloaded My Tether yesterday and installed on my VZN palm Pre Plus. Works like a charm.
  13. #13  
    I'm guessing the download speeds are the same with My Tether as they would be using Hotspot?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    I have the FREE Mobile Hotspot app on Verizon and it works fine, although the speeds are a little slower than you would expect. It's FREE, so I'll take what I can get. There is a MB cap and you have to pay for the data you use if you go over.

    Since I have "unlimited" data with my Verizon contract, there is no usage cap, and therefore no penalty for going over when using the MyTether app.
    If you read the fine print, you will notice that although the data plan is unlimited, VZW put a 5Gig cap on remote wifi hotspot. You are not going to watch too many streaming videos with the cap, but for most everything else I do, 5Gig is more than plenty for me. The worst I ever done in a month is 1 Gig usage.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dthoma2 View Post
    I downloaded My Tether yesterday and installed on my VZN palm Pre Plus. Works like a charm.
    I thought that the app wouldn't work with the new WebOS version 1.4
  16. #16  
    Even if your plan says "Unlimited" data, you still have a cap. Generally this cap is 5 gigs a month. If you go over, your carrier considers that abuse of your data plan and can throttle your connection or even cancel your account.

    So, just be careful. I'm sure Verizon is pretty strict...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
    So when did that change? Most of us here that have verizon get MHS for free. You need to talk to verizon.
    well when i was on big red a year ago they still made you pay lol i am much more happy on sprint network any ways i am using a pre plus flashed with the sprint version palm pre its working fine but since i put the sprint rom on the pre plus i was not sure what all is the same but if you have MHS for free then just use it unless it has some kind of limit and you want to get around that
    Last edited by gitit20; 06/10/2010 at 02:15 PM.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkGoalie View Post
    I thought that the app wouldn't work with the new WebOS version 1.4
    The new version works better then ever that's the only app i have bought... It did not work with 1.4.1.1 for about a week then it was updated to work...

Posting Permissions