1.    #1  
    I installed SPK with WebOS QuickInstall back in April. Decided to upgrade to UberKernal since SPK is no longer supported. When I run WebOS Quick Install the SPK files don't show up in the in the installed apps directory. Can I just delete the app from the launcher or is there another way to remove the files.
    Soooooo.... you install Uber Kernel OVER the Super Pre Kernel? Way to go although I don't know how you did this. Uber Kernel doesn't install unless you have a stock kernel. I'm sure you probably uninstalled the SPK, but not the GUI app.

If thats the case, then just orange + tap the icon to delete.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    I haven't installed Uberkernal yet. I uninstalled 800mhz kernal and it now shows that I have the default kernal installed. Just want to make sure I don't need to do anything else before installing uberkernal.
    Quote Originally Posted by gcstith View Post
    I haven't installed Uberkernal yet. I uninstalled 800mhz kernal and it now shows that I have the default kernal installed. Just want to make sure I don't need to do anything else before installing uberkernal.
    Have you tried removing spk from preware because the ipk's for spk will still be on the pre. You shouldn't install uber until you have spk fully removed.
  5.    #5  
    I've tried looking in the installed apps in both webos quickinstall and preware.. SPK doesn't show up in either. Is there another way to delete the ipk's?
    it would show up as SPK or Super Pre Kernel. Do you still see the program on your Pre? Have you ran cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq is should show 500 mhz and
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    see appropriate BogoMIPS in MHz (ie-498.07)
    If you are concern about that,then do a webos doc. Everything will be ack to stock.
    I've tried looking in the installed apps in both webos quickinstall and preware.. SPK doesn't show up in either. Is there another way to delete the ipk's?
    Are you scanning for unknown packages in preware, if not turn that setting on and reload preware.
    In wosqi instead of the spk application showing up, you should see the two ipks listed, you need to remove these. Do you still have access to the installation guide for spk. Right at the bottom is the uninstallation method.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    it would show up as SPK or Super Pre Kernel. Do you still see the program on your Pre? Have you ran cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq is should show 500 mhz and
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    see appropriate BogoMIPS in MHz (ie-498.07)
    It doesn't show up as either. Yes it is still on my pre and still working fine. I can change from 550-800mhz. I can uninstall the custom kernal with the spk program and when I restart the program it says I have the default kernal installed with no luna patch installed. When I check with cat /proc/cpuinfo it shows 498.07. I just can't find the 2 ipk's that were installed via wosqi to delete the SPK program.

Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Are you scanning for unknown packages in preware, if not turn that setting on and reload preware.
    In wosqi instead of the spk application showing up, you should see the two ipks listed, you need to remove these. Do you still have access to the installation guide for spk. Right at the bottom is the uninstallation method.
    Have scanned for unknown packages and it still does not show up. Yes I have the original guide and have tried the uninstallation method. The two ipk files are no where to be found. I must be missing something!!

If I dr. the phone will it get rid of the SPK files and replace with the original?
    It doesn't show up as either. Yes it is still on my pre and still working fine. I can change from 550-800mhz. I can uninstall the custom kernal with the spk program and when I restart the program it says I have the default kernal installed with no luna patch installed. When I check with cat /proc/cpuinfo it shows 498.07. I just can't find the 2 ipk's that were installed via wosqi to delete the SPK program.

Have scanned for unknown packages and it still does not show up. Yes I have the original guide and have tried the uninstallation method. The two ipk files are no where to be found. I must be missing something!!

If I dr. the phone will it get rid of the SPK files and replace with the original?
    Doctor should solve it but I'm curious as to why you still have spk and for some reason preware does not recognise it. Have you got the feed that spk comes from turned on in preware?