Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1.    #1  
    First off I wanna start out by saying I love my Plam Pre. Honestly I wouldn't wanna trade this phone for any other. The whole webOs system is the best operating system hands down in my book. But after seeing a youtube vid and hearing about Iphone4 Plam ur gonna have to d something. I still wouldn't switch to an Iphone cuz I just love The way Pre handles everything. Idc about apps(But I would buy apps that takes advantage of the pre's capabilities) or none of that. But to have a front facing cam and vid calling Omg! Like I like the way the phone is now but with that and a better processor and soon to be flash on the pre this would blow any phone away. Oh yea lets not forget 4G and Mobile hotspt for all the pre Phone. But fellow Precentralers what do yall think and what else would you add?
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
  2.    #2  
    Just what the tittle says what do you think the Pre2 needs to be able to keep up with Iphone4 to me not much but what do yall think?
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
  3. #3  
    I think as devices are coming out from various competitors the same statement is thrown around quite a bit. IE when the Pre was announced you can bet there was Apple fanatics saying "Apple ur gonna have to step it up..." It's called technology it grows with time there will always be something better. As technology progresses so does our need for it...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  4.    #4  
    Yea very true. But @ the sametime in many ways and imo the Pre is better then the 3gs. I had to take the Iphone4 for me to even say what I said. Like to me the Evo is blah!!! And I really don't like android.
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
  5. #5  
    I think it's almost more valuable for Apple to release a product with high end specs before another company. Apple is like the cool kid in school. They make you believe what they want you to believe is popular.

    I'll take for instance the front facing camera that they are toting. They are not the first company (nor is EVO) to have a front facing camera, however now that Apple has done it, it almost becomes necessary for any company to release a product to follow along the same footsteps.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  6.    #7  
    Na I know that front facing cams have been on other phones way before apple did it and video callin has been out but beening able to have video calling would be great. I could just imagine calling a women up and instead of telling her to send pics she could prefrom for me on the spot. Lol
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yickyaddy View Post
    Na I know that front facing cams have been on other phones way before apple did it and video callin has been out but beening able to have video calling would be great. I could just imagine calling a women up and instead of telling her to send pics she could prefrom for me on the spot. Lol
    I would love to have video chat on my next phone... Plus it would be great to use Skype like that.
  8.    #9  
    Hell yea @ Garrett
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
  9. #10  
    I want a front face cam, more darn apps, physical and virtual keyboard (yes i want them both),more ram, more space (32gigs will be nice) and faster api and pdk so they devs can develop good apps fast enough. i dont want to be this excited about James Harris "Free Ringtone" app. Thats embarrassing Palm.
  10.    #11  
    Lmao
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
  11. ugriffin's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #12  
    I want more apps. And a slider that doesn't suck. Seriously, my Pre has no serious Oreo, but I slide it with sooo much caution just so the little girl won't get hurt. XD

    I want a slider that can take lots of abuse. And a better keyboard, one that doesn't give me a feeling of getting carpal tunnel syndrome within a year of use. Make the keys softer and clickier, for god's sake.

    I want less lag. I want more apps. I want MSN Messenger. I want the peace of mind of Palm staying in relevancy, since HP doesn't seem to know why they even want the company.

    The Pre is an awesome phone, but it has all these little "quirks" that need to be taken care of. Then we can think about front facing cameras and 1GHZ snapdragon processors. What's the use of better specs if the phone still has many of these quirks?
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ugriffin View Post
    I want more apps. And a slider that doesn't suck. Seriously, my Pre has no serious Oreo, but I slide it with sooo much caution just so the little girl won't get hurt. XD

    I want a slider that can take lots of abuse. And a better keyboard, one that doesn't give me a feeling of getting carpal tunnel syndrome within a year of use. Make the keys softer and clickier, for god's sake.

    I want less lag. I want more apps. I want MSN Messenger. I want the peace of mind of Palm staying in relevancy, since HP doesn't seem to know why they even want the company.

    The Pre is an awesome phone, but it has all these little "quirks" that need to be taken care of. Then we can think about front facing cameras and 1GHZ snapdragon processors. What's the use of better specs if the phone still has many of these quirks?
    I wouldn't mind the oreo if we could twist the screen to landscape mode and still have use of the keyboard...
  13. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    They make you believe what they want you to believe is popular.
    I agree 100%
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  14. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ugriffin View Post
    ...since HP doesn't seem to know why they even want the company.
    I honestly don't get this--how can anyone at this point have any doubts about why HP wants Palm? I mean, it's been laid out as clearly as I've seen any company lay out their strategy: HP means business in mobile, and Palm/webOS will be a huge, huge part of it.

    Yes, HP hasn't announced any specific plans, but of course they can't until the deal goes through. I really wish folks could understand this.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  15. stanis3k's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #16  
    cats still rock durags under their fitteds in 2010?
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I honestly don't get this--how can anyone at this point have any doubts about why HP wants Palm? I mean, it's been laid out as clearly as I've seen any company lay out their strategy: HP means business in mobile, and Palm/webOS will be a huge, huge part of it.

    Yes, HP hasn't announced any specific plans, but of course they can't until the deal goes through. I really wish folks could understand this.
    That's the problem. The reason most companies won't come out and state specific plans or state timelines isn't even because of competition. Users will bash a company for not meeting what they believe their expectations are or what a company has laid out as a plan.

    I can't blame HP one bit for not making any announcements, in reality they likely don't even know what they are fully getting until they get their hands in and get dirty.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    That's the problem. The reason most companies won't come out and state specific plans or state timelines isn't even because of competition. Users will bash a company for not meeting what they believe their expectations are or what a company has laid out as a plan.

    I can't blame HP one bit for not making any announcements, in reality they likely don't even know what they are fully getting until they get their hands in and get dirty.
    Which is why they are being vague and broad with their ideas.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  18. LNWJ's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    #19  
    I just want a speedier UI and more solid hardware.
  19. #20  
    I just wanna see/own the next level of Palm smartphone running WebOS. It doesn't need to best Android or Iphone. It just has to be awesome, which im confident it will be.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions