Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    HP means business in mobile, and Palm/webOS will be a huge, huge part of it.
    i still don't see any hard evidence of this yet, even though the optimistic side of me wants to believe you are right.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    I just want a speedier UI and more solid hardware.
    So does everyone, and I think palm will deliver.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    I just want a speedier UI and more solid hardware.
    This is all I want. Apple can keep the apps, and the front facing camera. I just want a faster CPU, microSD slot, and a higher res screen... on a WebOS device.
    Just something out of the topic..
    zI have a new approach to this whole Pre's bad battery life. I pretty much turned everything back on and I'm deciding to deal with it. I'm suck of disabling features on my phone just so it doesn't kill my battery when I'm not using the phone. I'm not complaining about my battery dying when I'm using it, I'm complaining about my battery dying when I'm not using the phone. It's dying fast too. I'm plead with the Pre battery. It not really as bad as I thought it was. But Palm needs to fix these issues. Hopefully 1.4.5 addresses alot of bugs and issues.
    I want a palm pre with MONSTER GLASS!!

Sprint | Motorola i1

eDIT:

360 VIEW:

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US...OROLA-i1-US-EN

Last edit:
    mercy! Look at the specs, Camera has digital zoom and auto focus. It even has a compass. I only saw this because I just ordered an i680 for my brother for a fathers day/birthday gift. He would never use a touchscreen, he doesn't like the one on my pre, he likes buttons. I said if webos ever died I'd go back to my 755 or try to get a pre on ebay or something, but I LIKE the looks of this i1 phone.

Link to specs: http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US...A-i1-US-EN.alt
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 06/09/2010 at 11:06 PM.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Palm needs to focus on further webos updates and promoting app development! I could care less about new hardware. I am locked into my Pre Plus for 16 more months! If there are not major improvements by then I will switch to a Droid. I really hope HP is serious about smartphones. Guess I will have my answer by the end of my contract.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Palm has no devices rumored to be coming out...HP said they are not in the smartphone business. I wouldnt hold my breath.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I only had my Pre for 3 months before just switching to an EVO. I was on the fence until I had a few TMC errors when I tried to play Shrek Cart...with nothing else open! Oh, and my alarm clock kept reverting back to factory settings and I had to start over. I couldn't get the apps I wanted, etc, etc.

I love Palm. My wife is keeping her Pre. The only negative she has on the Pre is that she's embarrassed when she is trying to schedule and appt with someone and they have to sit there waiting for hers to open.

Palm really better step it up. I hope they do. I'll come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobvanjr View Post
    I only had my Pre for 3 months before just switching to an EVO. I was on the fence until I had a few TMC errors when I tried to play Shrek Cart...with nothing else open! Oh, and my alarm clock kept reverting back to factory settings and I had to start over. I couldn't get the apps I wanted, etc, etc.

I love Palm. My wife is keeping her Pre. The only negative she has on the Pre is that she's embarrassed when she is trying to schedule and appt with someone and they have to sit there waiting for hers to open.

Palm really better step it up. I hope they do. I'll come back.
    You need to tell her to overclock, then go make you a sammich
    Quote Originally Posted by xvipx View Post
    HP said they are not in the smartphone business.
    Actually, they have since clarified that statement. They said WebOS will continue on Smartphones.
    APIs APIs APIs

and

company supported apps
    Quote Originally Posted by xvipx View Post
    Palm has no devices rumored to be coming out...HP said they are not in the smartphone business. I wouldnt hold my breath.
    I'm sorry to say they didn't say that, CEO Mark Hurd said (drum roll) "We didn't buy palm to be in the smartphone business".
    Now they are two very different statements, your misquoted statement implies that HP will pull palm out of the smartphone business and won't put any money into it.
    Where as the correct quote was to get across that the biggest motivation was getting hold of webOS. The correct quote leaves the smartphone question open. Which was then clarified the next day.
    So please correctly quote so that we don't start flame wars.

Either way I saw HP's vision as having all device connected, for this to happen smartphones are a neccesity, so new smartphones will be coming, it is just a case of when.
    I'm good for 17 months because that's when my contract ends and will stick with my pre for that time if no pre 2 comes out. But if the pre 2 does come out in that time, you can bet your **** that I will be buying at full price straight away.
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/12/2010 at 04:20 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12