1.    #1  
    Good evening, everyone. Thank you for reading my message.

My Dad and I are new Palm Pre Plus Verizon users, and we are thoroughly enjoying the phone. The only issue that we have with it is that the battery NEVER lasts longer than a day..and we rarely even use the phone. (Never use YouTube, or watch a lot of movies, etc)

My father and I were interested in getting an extended battery that dramatically increases time needed between charges. However, I had a few questions.

Would you recommend the battery that costs 65 dollars at the Pre-Central store, and why?

Is it reliable, and will it work properly with my phone?

Does the door that comes with it block the lens of the camera, or cause any annoyances?

Overall, what is your opinion about these extended batteries, and what do you recommend?

Thank you all for your kindness and input. I apologize for the redundancy and lack of knowledge on my part.

LD
    Very reliable, working as good as an OEM product. Will not block your camera. All it does is thicken your phone and make the battery last twice as long. Some people like this thickness because its easier to type or hold the phone. It's all opinion.

Try reading other people's reviews on the product as well.

If you truly just let the phone set in idle, it should last all day without a charge and probably more. I lose 2-3% per hour while idle, but if I mess with it then it spikes to about 20-30% a hour.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I have the 2600mah battery, it is about double the thickness of the OEM battery, lasts a LOT longer and with most settings that use the battery off (email set to every 6 hrs, no IM signed in, no location services, no bluetooth, no data connection if a wifi is present, if not, the data is on) and its drain is about 0.50 an hour idle.

And I have one bar at my house, so sometimes it is searching for a signal.

Also, there is no flash or camera problems with the cover. The only downside is it adds a lot of size to the phone and the cover is NOT touchstone compatible, unless you mod it like someone did on these forums.
    Get the battery. It has no impact on the camera or the flash. And it really REALLY extends your battery life.

The only downside is the increased size. It becomes more Blackberry thick, as opposed to iPhone thick. But it is worth it. I ALWAYS use it when I'm in a low signal area.

It's worth every penny.
    I have seidios battery it's completely random, I can't figure it out, some day it have lasted 13 hours and it was 15-20% (that's amazing! which is what i want) somedays it will linger on 100% for 6min(?) than jump to 97 or 96% and die rapidly, it sucks.
    oh i have the 2600 something...
    If you buy the battery, let it die when you first use it, charge it completely including a few hours after it is at 100% and drain the battery over and over for 5 times, and it should last longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    If you buy the battery, let it die when you first use it, charge it completely including a few hours after it is at 100% and drain the battery over and over for 5 times, and it should last longer.
    Will it work even though I've had it for a month now?
    Quote Originally Posted by ivpalm View Post
    I have seidios battery it's completely random, I can't figure it out, some day it have lasted 13 hours and it was 15-20% (that's amazing! which is what i want) somedays it will linger on 100% for 6min(?) than jump to 97 or 96% and die rapidly, it sucks.
    I have the seidio 2600 and modded it to use w/ the touchstone. With the stock battery i had to constantly charge the phone. Now I have all my emails to push, and leave chess.com's app open with auto check every 1 minute, and play music nearly 5-6 hours a day at work while its on my desk (all off the charger), and by the time I get off work 9-5 I am usually only at a 40-45% level.

I noticed the same as you though, I will sometimes have the phone have 100% battery after a few minutes to a half hour staying at 100%. Then some days it will jump from 100-90% in no time. I constantly try to drain it down and back to 100% to teach it. Either way I love this battery and cant see ever using the OEM one again.
    that is true it's a better extended battery just wish it wasn't so darn random
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    It really does not sound as if the OP needs an extended battery. She should just charge it nightly and she will do fine. Most of us charge daily I suspect.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I use the 2600 and love it, and I think the phone is easier to use with the added bulk. I use my phone as much as I want during the day (lots of web surfing, talk, texting, email, and occasional GPS, in addition to apps, downloading apps, etc) and charge it daily and no more. If Touchstone is important to you, there is a guy in these forums who will mod the extended batter back to work with the Touchstone. Also, while the $65 is worth it, I found it on smartphoneoutlet.com for much, much less.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I have the Seido 2600 and love it. I found that even when I hardly used the phone it wouldn't last a day, and that was without patches, overclock, etc.

Now, my phone NEVER runs out of juice in a day. The worst day I had was when I borrowed an ipod and used the wifi tethering for it but it still lasted all day.

I also find it easier to type with but it does make for one chubby phone.
    Well if you are looking to get an extended battery and you still want to use your touchstone, I offer a Touchstone Compatible Seidio 2600 Extended battery and back on my website.

As far as I know, no major manufacture makes touchstone compatible extended batteries besides me.
    Touchstone Compatible Extended Batteries Palm Pre www.TouchstoneMods.com
    I love the ability to use my touchstone with my extended battery, so much more convenient.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    I use the 2600 from Seidio and I can sometimes go two days without needing a recharge. I got it at amazon for $49.99.

You should check the thread for extending battery life and check the article at webOSroundup.