View Poll Results: Did you miss your Pre?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, couldn't return the EVO fast enough.

9 7.26%
  • No, the EVO is my new phone end of story.

22 17.74%
  • I am not sure yet, I miss some features but not all.

8 6.45%
  • Don't care, I just wanted to vote.

85 68.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I bought the EVO on launch having been bitter about HP's comments towards smart phones. However after using the Droid OS for a few days, I came to really miss the WebOS. Physical keyboard, card view, better multitasking, etc. Anyone leave only to find that the Pre is a lot better than most think it is?
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    No No Nooo we don't want you back now you traitor!!!

Okay yes we do give us a big hug. Grass is not always greener on the other side!
    I have the Pre for personal and the EVO for work....

So the grass being greener doesn't matter if you own both sides of the fense.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Welcome back. I won't be leaving the Pre unless HP/Palm drops us first, but I have looked at some of the specifications on the EVO and wished we had a couple of those little things. We're working on it.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    No No Nooo we don't want you back now you traitor!!!

Okay yes we do give us a big hug. Grass is not always greener on the other side!
    The funny thing as soon as I touched my EVO I kinda felt dirty. lol It is a good phone, don't get me wrong. But WebOS is where the heart is!
    Kingdom of Heaven
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    Welcome back. I won't be leaving the Pre unless HP/Palm drops us first, but I have looked at some of the specifications on the EVO and wished we had a couple of those little things. We're working on it.
    The front facing camera is kinda neat not my cup of tea. The extra processing power was great, Sirius XM pretty sweet.

The app market didn't really impress me to much.
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    The funny thing as soon as I touched my EVO I kinda felt dirty. lol It is a good phone, don't get me wrong. But WebOS is where the heart is!
    You felt dirty like a man who been cheating on his wife with the sexy modern younger maid. You want to try it out but you heart will always be with your wife. Just like the saying 'A dog always knows wheres home is'
    The problem of WebOS users is:

We have already use the greatest multi-tasking handling OS in the world, however appearantly attractive of Android or Iphone OS, or windows mobile 7..., we still feel missing something.

Are we already addicted?
    I love WebOS, but I can do more with the EVO. Sirius radio, skype (via Fring), visual voicemail (built in or native Gvoice), shazam, etc. etc. etc. Everything with the EVO seems quicker, no lag in e-mail, calendar or the phone app. Plus I love the big screen and have man-sized pockets, so the size doesn't bother me. The notifications in android aren't as good as WebOS, but they're not horrible. Multi-tasking is, in some ways, better than with the Pre (for example, I can have a few browser windows open without each refreshing every time I go to another).

Plus, my wife still has the Pixi, so I get to play with WebOS (funny sentence if you speak Spanish) whenever I want.
  10.    #10  
    You felt dirty like a man who been cheating on his wife with the sexy modern younger maid. You want to try it out but you heart will always be with your wife. Just like the saying 'A dog always knows wheres home is'
    Haha well put man. Couldn't agree more.
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Just like the saying 'A dog always knows wheres home is'
    Woof!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    ...and from the Department of Redundancy Department (D.R.D.):

http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...iss-webos.html

This service is sponsored by the Department of D.R.D., keeping forums safe for search engines.

(and yes, this one has a poll whereas the other one doesn't...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    ...and from the Department of Redundancy Department (D.R.D.):

http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...iss-webos.html

This service is sponsored by the Department of D.R.D., keeping forums safe for search engines.

(and yes, this one has a poll whereas the other one doesn't...)
    Countdown to both threads being dumped into the EVO vs. Pre thread.....3...2...1...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Countdown to both threads being dumped into the EVO vs. Pre thread.....3...2...1...
    Ugh, my OP wasn't meant to be Pre vs Evo. Just wanted to see if others tried it and said this isn't for me and came back. Also I am aware of the search feature but when I looked that thread didn't come up. Plus who cares, it isn't like there are a million of these I tried the EVO and didn't like it threads.
    Kingdom of Heaven
    I think the whack-a-mole thread explosion for Evo has died down, so it might be safe...

But it's always good when we search!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've been contemplating the Evo because it runs a specific application I need to use for my business, it's called merchant anywhere. I stopped in to look at the Evo yesterday, and it's a nice phone, but I just prefer webos. The form factor is a little large for a primary phone for me, but it's definitelt zippy, and appears better built. I'm holding off for now, when webos opens up more of the phone, it should run the software/hardware I need - if it doesn't die or get abandoned first. Bottom line for me is I like webos, I prefer the Pre form factor but I could live with a big brick - if it's running webos.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by vergnen View Post
    I've been contemplating the Evo because it runs a specific application I need to use for my business, it's called merchant anywhere. I stopped in to look at the Evo yesterday, and it's a nice phone, but I just prefer webos. The form factor is a little large for a primary phone for me, but it's definitelt zippy, and appears better built. I'm holding off for now, when webos opens up more of the phone, it should run the software/hardware I need - if it doesn't die or get abandoned first. Bottom line for me is I like webos, I prefer the Pre form factor but I could live with a big brick - if it's running webos.
    HTC EVO hardware+WebOS=major win.
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I love WebOS, but I can do more with the EVO. Sirius radio, skype (via Fring), visual voicemail (built in or native Gvoice), shazam, etc. etc. etc. Everything with the EVO seems quicker, no lag in e-mail, calendar or the phone app. Plus I love the big screen and have man-sized pockets, so the size doesn't bother me. The notifications in android aren't as good as WebOS, but they're not horrible. Multi-tasking is, in some ways, better than with the Pre (for example, I can have a few browser windows open without each refreshing every time I go to another).

Plus, my wife still has the Pixi, so I get to play with WebOS (funny sentence if you speak Spanish) whenever I want.
    I hate you
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    I have the Pre for personal and the EVO for work....

So the grass being greener doesn't matter if you own both sides of the fense.
    Me too!! Also I am using Pre for communiction

See I have thought about what I would do if there is not a next WebOS phone..... and I still can't see the EVO, for one simple reason beyond the OS or any specs...... HARDWARE Keyboard.

I could be tempted by the EVO, but as much as I love WebOS, I NEED a physical keyboard. Even with the smallish size (depending on who you talk to) of the Pre keyboard, I couldn't see living without it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast