View Poll Results: Did you miss your Pre?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, couldn't return the EVO fast enough.

9 7.26%
  • No, the EVO is my new phone end of story.

22 17.74%
  • I am not sure yet, I miss some features but not all.

8 6.45%
  • Don't care, I just wanted to vote.

85 68.55%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    See I have thought about what I would do if there is not a next WebOS phone..... and I still can't see the EVO, for one simple reason beyond the OS or any specs...... HARDWARE Keyboard.

I could be tempted by the EVO, but as much as I love WebOS, I NEED a physical keyboard. Even with the smallish size (depending on who you talk to) of the Pre keyboard, I couldn't see living without it.
    That's a fair requirement. I always said the same thing, and I think I still prefer a hardware keyboard. On the other hand, I've gotten somewhat used to the soft keyboard on the EVO. Even with it open, I have almost as much viewable screen as with the Pre. Plus, because it's large, I tend not to make many more mistakes than I did with the Pre. Also, with Swype/Shapewriter, you have another option for a software keyboard to try if you don't like touch typing on the screen.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    HTC EVO hardware+WebOS=major win.
    Agreed! I really like the Pre form factor (although I wouldn't mind a slightly larger version), but the hardware leaves something to be desired. I have three Pre phones and they've held up okay, but they are decidedly inferior to other hardware available on the market. I walked into the Sprint store yesterday with the intention of replacing one of the Pres with an Evo, but I just wasn't "wowed" with the operating system as compared to the Pre, so I'm going to wait a little longer. I'm really hoping the next phone released by Palm and/or Palm+HP brings can bring some improvements to the platform.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    See I have thought about what I would do if there is not a next WebOS phone..... and I still can't see the EVO, for one simple reason beyond the OS or any specs...... HARDWARE Keyboard.

I could be tempted by the EVO, but as much as I love WebOS, I NEED a physical keyboard. Even with the smallish size (depending on who you talk to) of the Pre keyboard, I couldn't see living without it.
    I prefer a physical keyboard as well. When I was trying the Evo the soft keyboard was okay, and I could live with it if I had to, but given any choice, I would go for the physical keyboard every time. I really like the Pre keyboard. A little bigger would be okay, and better quality would be great, but I like being able to use one hand or two depending on what I'm doing. The Evo was okay for this, but I can pretty much type by touch on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Plus, my wife still has the Pixi, so I get to play with WebOS (funny sentence if you speak Spanish) whenever I want.

wont it be funnier if it was your wife still playing with your WebOs... LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think the whack-a-mole thread explosion for Evo has died down, so it might be safe...

But it's always good when we search!
    Rofl that made me laugh. I can just imagine a bunch of moderators taking hammers to each Evo thread like the game...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    they had to do something. There were more than 100 at one point... Might have been 300, actually.

at the moment there are more than 20 threads here with EVO in the title (and many more with an Evo topic and a related title...

we may have to be renamed EvoCentral...

I think the mods are doing a great job - and earming their pay...

...they are 100% volunteer, btw.
    The Evo is all about muscle in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Had pre,went to evo. I will not come back until maybe next years upgraded

Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    I love WebOS, but I can do more with the EVO. Sirius radio, skype (via Fring), visual voicemail (built in or native Gvoice), shazam, etc. etc. etc. Everything with the EVO seems quicker, no lag in e-mail, calendar or the phone app. Plus I love the big screen and have man-sized pockets, so the size doesn't bother me. The notifications in android aren't as good as WebOS, but they're not horrible. Multi-tasking is, in some ways, better than with the Pre (for example, I can have a few browser windows open without each refreshing every time I go to another).

Plus, my wife still has the Pixi, so I get to play with WebOS (funny sentence if you speak Spanish) whenever I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    The front facing camera is kinda neat not my cup of tea. The extra processing power was great, Sirius XM pretty sweet.

The app market didn't really impress me to much.
    I saw a phone made by some company in Japan that copied the design of the Pre, except it had a front and back facing camera. It also had an FM transmitter.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    I saw a phone made by some company in Japan that copied the design of the Pre, except it had a front and back facing camera. It also had an FM transmitter.
    Do you remember what brand make and model it was? I lived in tokyo for 3 years and there phone tech 5 years ago is what ares is today its crazy... Went back a month ago to visit fam and they has some phones i was gaga over...
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    Oh the radio feature rocked on the EVO to. The front facing camera though while nice isn't common place yet. Kinda takes away from the feature when you can only call other EVO users who have a front facing camera.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Evo is new technology... Pre is basically a year old, even the Plus models. To bad we will have to wait till the merger is complete for the next generation of the WebOS phone. They can not at this point talk about anything that may push the Palm stock higher. I feel that good things will come to those who wait.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    The pre gave me phone shame.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I guess it's time someone built an android pdk app to bring back the rest of the android converts.

second telethon anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Do you remember what brand make and model it was? I lived in tokyo for 3 years and there phone tech 5 years ago is what ares is today its crazy... Went back a month ago to visit fam and they has some phones i was gaga over...

It was a knock off. KIRF.... If it's the same one that was posted here a while ago.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12