Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I am sure this is posted somewhere in the forums, but I couldn't find it so I apologize in advance.

I just made a donation to My Tether (Sprint Phone) and I don't see the application in Preware or FileCoaster and in the My Tether forums, I can't seem to find an easy way to download the application.

Help Please. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    That page has no link to download or instructions...and on the MyTether Forom, can't find anything either
    If you donated to mytether than you should of got an email with an link to the program. And it's not on preware or filecoaster
    just to let u guys know, not sure if i can speak for everybody else, but mytether "used to" work perfectly for my phone. i just noticed today that it stopped working it just keeps on disconnecting, connecting, disconnecting. the only one that is working properly and tested is mhs
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

My Tether works great. I use it all the time and have installed it several times. You may just have to wait a day or so to get an email from Aonic, I think his username is on the mytether forums. That wil have the download link and everything else you need. Go look there. My Tether
    myTether works 100% of the time for me as well, mhs works too,but there really no need for both, they both work with 1.4.1.1 too
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I've installed it but can't get an internet connection! I've gone on all the myTether forums and can't seem to find any support...seems to be a pretty common complaint.
    I used to have issues with it, then I installed freetether and turn on IP forwarding and then launch mytether works every time now.
    Drop MyTether and install Mobile Hotspot instead.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...print-pre.html
    Quote Originally Posted by magistus View Post
    Drop MyTether and install Mobile Hotspot instead.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...print-pre.html
    Im on Big Red and MHS only allows 5 gigs per month of usage and I do not have internet service in my area so MT is my only option and I have to get it up
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I've looked around for info, but because My Tether has dominated all links, can someone post a link to where to find Freetether with info on how to set it up? I did pick up My Tether, and it doesn't work ON MY PRE PLUS for USB/Bluetooth tethering, so I am looking for alternatives for the 1.4.2 version of WebOS.
    After seeing all the trouble some were having I went to the Donor section of the MyTether forums, downloaded the Windows Installer (had to go install the WebOS SDK on my new laptop), ran the installer, launched MyTether on the Pre, tapped USB, tapped options, turned on DHCP, reset the phone, launched MyTether, tapped wifi, turned on wifi tethering and connected my laptop with no problems.

This is after a couple of month gap where I haven't been using MyTether (don't use it often) so it was like installing from scratch since my last Dr.

Best advice I can give is... follow the instructions. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    After seeing all the trouble some were having I went to the Donor section of the MyTether forums, downloaded the Windows Installer (had to go install the WebOS SDK on my new laptop), ran the installer, launched MyTether on the Pre, tapped USB, tapped options, turned on DHCP, reset the phone, launched MyTether, tapped wifi, turned on wifi tethering and connected my laptop with no problems.

This is after a couple of month gap where I haven't been using MyTether (don't use it often) so it was like installing from scratch since my last Dr.

Best advice I can give is... follow the instructions. Good luck.
    While I appreciate that you had no problem, you didn't say what version of the Pre you have. There may very well be a problem with USB tethering in My Tether that only affects the AT&T version of the Pre Plus which is the only device running WebOS 1.4.2 right now. The last update to My Tether was for the Verizon launch and WebOS 1.4.1.1.

I got it to work in WiFi mode without a problem, but since Bluetooth tethering is what I need, that just doesn't cut it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    While I appreciate that you had no problem, you didn't say what version of the Pre you have. There may very well be a problem with USB tethering in My Tether that only affects the AT&T version of the Pre Plus which is the only device running WebOS 1.4.2 right now. The last update to My Tether was for the Verizon launch and WebOS 1.4.1.1.

I got it to work in WiFi mode without a problem, but since Bluetooth tethering is what I need, that just doesn't cut it for me.
    Sprint Pre, WebOS 1.4.1.1

There may be some issue with 1.4.2. IDK. I wish you the best of luck though.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I too have been having problems with My Tether. I can connect to the wifi with my Windows 7 laptop, but it has not internet connection and shows the little yellow flag on the wireless signal. My Tether is showing data usage, but the laptop is not getting internet data.

I enabled the dhcp in the usb. Strange thing thought my tether worked when I first installed it a few months back, but now it is not working after re-installing Win7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky **** View Post
    I too have been having problems with My Tether. I can connect to the wifi with my Windows 7 laptop, but it has not internet connection and shows the little yellow flag on the wireless signal. My Tether is showing data usage, but the laptop is not getting internet data.

I enabled the dhcp in the usb. Strange thing thought my tether worked when I first installed it a few months back, but now it is not working after re-installing Win7.
    Double check the DHCP option, sometimes when first enabling it then restarting, the setting goes back to off again.
    The big thing with this program is just having the settings right. I have doctored my phone at least 3 times, every time reinstalling M Tether and it has worked great every time. Check these links out:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...fi-usb-bt.html

USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals