Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bpdamas
  1.    #1  
    I have my palmpre sync every 5 mins, and show email 1 day, but it's not deleting old emails, it's really annoying, my ymail does this too. how can i fix this?
    When you say "not deleting old emails" do you mean from the phone (still seeing emails older than 1 day) or from the server?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    it won't delete old email unless you delete them (from your computer or the pre).

What the 1 day means when you sync it won't sync anything older than 24 hours. But the old stuff is already synced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    it won't delete old email unless you delete them (from your computer or the pre).

What the 1 day means when you sync it won't sync anything older than 24 hours. But the old stuff is already synced.
    If this is actually how it is supposed to work then I think that is a major design flaw. So if you never delete your emails then you will always have them on your phone?

Plus, this is not how an exchange account acts with the same settings. After you sync schedule has passed (3 days, 7 days, etc.) then those older emails are removed from your phone. In my opinion, this is just a glitch or oversight with these type of email accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    When you say "not deleting old emails" do you mean from the phone (still seeing emails older than 1 day) or from the server?
    I am 89% sure they mean still seeing emails older than one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I'm 50% in agreement with you
    Palm defines it as "Set how many days’ worth of messages to retrieve from the server."

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  8.    #8  
    yea seeing email older than one day like,
    i can get it to be with hotmail or anything other than ymail or gmail

like i have email from:
    today and all of yesterday,
    --- come tomorrow----
    i see emails from today and tomorrow but yesterdays would be deleted.
  9.    #9  
    Anyways does anyone have a clue what going on with gmail or ymail? It's suppose to "Set how many days’ worth of messages to retrieve from the server"
    in other words keep one day worth of email. Any idea?
    I guess a way to get rid of emails is to delete the email account every once in awhile from the phone. If not,i could see this taking up a lot of space on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Palm defines it as "Set how many days’ worth of messages to retrieve from the server."
    Apparently, though, they define it differently for exchange accounts. My exchange account does not act in this regard.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Apparently, though, they define it differently for exchange accounts. My exchange account does not act in this regard.
    Sorry for bumping this... It has to be a bug with IMAP accounts. My experience is the same.. my EAS account rolls off after 3 days, my IMAP accounts never roll off. The easiest workaround I have discovered is to change the number of days for each IMAP account and when it re-syncs it will roll the old ones off (VERY SLOWLY!)

I wonder if I'd be the 5000th person to report this to Palm...