Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have installed phantomskinz on my Pre and use a microfiber cloth to wipe the device. To disinfect I usually spray windex or something on a microfiber cloth and then wipe the PRe...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Ha! I've wanted to start a T|C sanitation thread for years. As a germaphobe myself, I routinely wipe down my Pre with hand sanitizer (screen, kb, etc.). No problems with my Pre or Treos prior. I rarely get sick. Phones are covered with all sorts of nasty things. The average phone is rarely cleaned, if ever. Off to wash my hands.:-p
    I have a invisishield and I use eye glass cleaner and the cloth that came with the invisishield. So I am able to wipe it down several times a day. Always keep a shine on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    MRSA is a special strain of Staph aureus. MRSA is methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus and is a very nasty bug as it is resistant to the vast majority of antibiotics used today. If you get a MRSA infection you will end up in the hospital on IV antibiotics and observed carefully as it can very easily make its way into your blood stream to system infection, shock and death.

But really, you have all sorts of things growing on you. Most adults have Neisseria meningitidis in their nose (causes meningitis in people in their 20's). You have strep species in your mouth which cause cavities. Most infections people get are from things living on their skin or in their GI tract that made it past the skin or the mucus membranes.

If you couldn't tell I have been studying for the first part of my licensing exam, which I take on Friday
    Step 1, huh. Good luck, I have a few friends that are preparing to take their step 1s as well. I'm starting med school in about 6 weeks, so I still have a while to go.

As far as cleaning the phone goes, I always use 70% ethanol and just wipe it down with a paper towel. It removes grease very well. I don't know about disinfecting, because alcohol is not a great disinfectant, but the phone will be clean. I do this every couple of weeks, and there have been no adverse effects to the phone.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Saw this thread title and thought someone had been using the Pocket Party app a little too....enthusiastically.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    And also, don't let cheap hookers use your phone.
    Them dang cheep hookers lol they like that vibrate function don't they
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    Saw this thread title and thought someone had been using the Pocket Party app a little too....enthusiastically.
    That's funny lol
    One thing I really hate is when you let some one use your phone you get it back and it has all there head grease all over the screen (NASTY) i then get the Windex and a Soft cloth and clean the thing... EWWWW
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12