1.    #1  
    is their any way of changing the os on a palm pre to something else, i know my brother did it with his old windows mobile device i dunno how he did it but changed it to another os .

any way just wondering
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzabones View Post
    is their any way of changing the os on a palm pre to something else, i know my brother did it with his old windows mobile device i dunno how he did it but changed it to another os .

any way just wondering
    Doesn't sound stupid, I would imagine its possible.....but WHY?

The BEST thing about the Pre is the OS. The hardware is not so great (though I have had none of the big issues some report). I'm just curious why one would have a SUPERIOR os and mediocre hardware........and change out the OS?
  4.    #4  
    i was just wondering got bored at home and wondering could it be done lol
    It's not possible yet, but it will be, I'm sure.

To answer the question of 'why?', there's quite a few reasons to dual-boot operating systems on ANY device:

1) Access to apps that don't exist on WebOS (Android exclusive apps for example)
    2) Access to services that don't exist on WebOS (Proprietary networks, OS-dependant websites, and other services)
    3) Access to the hardware using APIs that don't exist on WebOS (Native microphone support, better bluetooth support for file sharing etc)
    4) For tinkerers - if you're technically inclined then it's fun to experiment with this stuff
    5) For freedom and choice - WebOS is great, but I for one am not naive enough to think it's the only solution - there are elements about Android that are done better, there are elements about BlackBerry OS and iPhone OS that are better also. Even Symbian has some advantages. Why choose one when you could choose 5?

Just because WebOS is awesome, doesn't mean we should stop pushing the boundaries of what is possible with our devices
    My screed about the "why" was meant as tongue in cheek. I know, context is hard to project on a message board. Probably should have used an emoticon to express my frivolity more accurately. But, thanks for a legitimate answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    My screed about the "why" was meant as tongue in cheek. I know, context is hard to project on a message board. Probably should have used an emoticon to express my frivolity more accurately. But, thanks for a legitimate answer.
    Ahh I misunderstood you - sorry bout that