1.    #1  
    I am hating life right now! Just after I FINALLY get my Pre set up just the way I wanted to, it breaks and had to get a new one. The last one was my first one I got the day it came out last year, so I had great luck with it!

Anyway, I am having probs getting Preware and My Tether back on this new one. When I use the WebOS installer (current version), it says that the device is not connected...even though it is. Any Advice on that one?

As far as the My Tether, I paid for that app (quite happily) once...I dont reallly have to pay for it again, DO I?!?! Trying to figure out how to get it on the new one without paying again. I'm sure I will figure this one out, but any help whiule I am feeling stupid is greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Jet
  2.    #2  
    Disregard...I remedied my rectal-cranial infarction. All is well and hating life less now...only took 5 minutes!
    Developer Mode, huh?
    Jetzeus, since you hv started this, would you mind share ur remedy for future reader?
    PEBPAC - Problem exists between phone and chair. :-)
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Just curious...how is the quality of the refurb? I will be picking up a refurb from Sprint today (4th Pre). The first refurb I got was a POS.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by campanth View Post
    Just curious...how is the quality of the refurb? I will be picking up a refurb from Sprint today (4th Pre). The first refurb I got was a POS.
    I went through a couple bad refurbs and Sprint finally gave me a new one (took a bit of a temper tantrum, though.) My daughter just got her first refurb and it works like a dream. In fact, for some reason it does NOT autocorrect anything she types. She loves that. If you do get a refurb and it is not perfect, make Sprint replace it right away. No reason to start out with problems. GOOD LUCK
    not autocorrect?

you can do that yourself: tweak the autocorrect-edit-text file

(search for it on the forum, 'atoreplace 3000 words, or something similar)

the instructions are in that thread
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shellzda1 View Post
    I went through a couple bad refurbs and Sprint finally gave me a new one (took a bit of a temper tantrum, though.) My daughter just got her first refurb and it works like a dream. In fact, for some reason it does NOT autocorrect anything she types. She loves that. If you do get a refurb and it is not perfect, make Sprint replace it right away. No reason to start out with problems. GOOD LUCK
    That is what I did after the first refurb. It came directly from Palm though. Took it back to the Sprint store after two days and they gave me a brand new Pre, accessories and all. But here I am again needing another replacement. Hoping I don't get another POS. Glad to hear your daughter's refurb was solid. Hoping...
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    not autocorrect?

you can do that yourself: tweak the autocorrect-edit-text file

(search for it on the forum, 'atoreplace 3000 words, or something similar)

the instructions are in that thread
    she has not done any patching or tweaking at all. My first thought was somebody already homebrewed this, I hope whatever reason they returned it does not affect her phone. She has had it for two days, nothing else seems different than a stock pre. It is weird huh? It does not auto correct ANYTHING at all. Not even like changing i to I.