Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Alright so forgive me if this has been discussed in the past. I did search for it and found something about a patch that hides the photos icon... But thats not what I want.

What I do want is, and am wondering if its already available or being worked on, an app/patch that puts password/pin protection on specific apps such as messages, emails, pictures, and anything else thats personal and you dont want people getting into. Now someone might be thinking "Hey why dont you put on a password on your phone so that no one can get in anywhere". Well thats annoying, i dont want to put my phone dialer, my internet browser, my twitter client, music player and most other apps behind this password. Just the real personally stuff.

So anything being worked on in that department? Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Hi all,

Alright so forgive me if this has been discussed in the past. I did search for it and found something about a patch that hides the photos icon... But thats not what I want.

What I do want is, and am wondering if its already available or being worked on, an app/patch that puts password/pin protection on specific apps such as messages, emails, pictures, and anything else thats personal and you dont want people getting into. Now someone might be thinking "Hey why dont you put on a password on your phone so that no one can get in anywhere". Well thats annoying, i dont want to put my phone dialer, my internet browser, my twitter client, music player and most other apps behind this password. Just the real personally stuff.

So anything being worked on in that department? Thank you!
    I think this would actually require the application to perform this functionality and not a simple patch but I'm not sure. I think a simpler way to do this would be a patch that puts a password to access one of the launcher pages and then just have all your personal apps on that page. The only problem I can see with this is universal search, but then again most people don't know what that is.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I think this would actually require the application to perform this functionality and not a simple patch but I'm not sure. I think a simpler way to do this would be a patch that puts a password to access one of the launcher pages and then just have all your personal apps on that page. The only problem I can see with this is universal search, but then again most people don't know what that is.
    I was actually thinking that as well, but another issue that would bring up is when you open the launcher page it opens up the one you were on last... if thats the passworded one then you will have to put in the password to even move to the next page... UNLESS the app/patch moves the launcher to the next page without asking for the pw until you go to that page again.

That would be really cool though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    I was actually thinking that as well, but another issue that would bring up is when you open the launcher page it opens up the one you were on last... if thats the passworded one then you will have to put in the password to even move to the next page... UNLESS the app/patch moves the launcher to the next page without asking for the pw until you go to that page again.

That would be really cool though!
    Or you could have the patch make a default page so that it no longers go to the last page you were on but rather one that does not have a password.