1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I'm thinking to enter in the Palm Pre Plus World but...

It is not available in my country so:

#1 Is this sold by Amazon unlocked?(Amazon.com: Palm Pre Plus Phone (AT&T, Phone Only, No Service): Cell Phones & Service)

#2 If not I read many topics about ways to unlock it but still confused. Nextgenserver is the choice? (Palm Pre & Palm Pre Plus Unlock, Unlock Palm Pre & Pre Plus Network & SIM locks - Palm Pre Deblocage)

#3 If not with the last firmware, what is the order: unlock - update?; update- unlock?(is it possible to update a locked phone?)

#4 I read and I'm worried about the activation process (ouside US) and also the Palm Apps Page (Paid and Free Aps). An unlocked phone means voice unlocked or all services unlocked or it will depend of many variables like those listed in questions?

I appreciate any help with one or all these questions. Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Most Pres are locked to a network unless they're a German Qwertz model or the seller explicitly states it's unlocked.
    Yes, nextgenserver is the way to go. Their unlock is permanent and irreversible.
    To access and buy paid apps in one of the official AppCatalogs you need to activate your Pre in an official country and have a credit card from one of the official payment countries (payment countries vary depending on where you activate the device).
    Nutshell...

Yes you can update an unlocked Pre and unlocked means unlocked for use on any other carrier taking into account the hardware parameters of the phone.
    Thank you tomi666!
    Just some more questions if you can help me:

#1 Does gmail contacts and calendar work without any aditional app? This is the most important for me until it is officially available.

#2 And what happens if I have an AT&T SIM card but try to use/activate/create palm perfil, first time, outside US?
  3.    #3  
    1 Yes. Search the forum for possible problems.
    2 donde?
    1. ok
    2. Brazil
  4.    #4  
    Okay, thank you so much!
  5.    #5  
    By the way:
    even if you have an official sim, if you activate in an unofficial country for the very first time, you will have no access to paid apps.
    It's also possible you'll see no or very few apps, if Brazil is on the blocked countries list (I think Argentina is on that list...)
    Okay,
    Anyway, you won't be able to pay for those apps, unless you have access to a US, Canadian or Mexican credit card.

Some people have managed to set up a payment profile using a virtual Wirecard account; others have failed miserably.
    Yes, I know. Thank you.