Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Help please! Where is Govnah? I installed Uberkernel but I can't find govnah for christmas tree sake.

Thanks.
    Try Preware, List of Everything, and search by starting to type "Govnah"
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I'm good to go! Got it.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I haven't kept up with the Uberkernel thread, but for a while, I recall that screenstate was recommended to be at least 500 due to reported problems setting the min freq lower than that. Has that changed?

In fact, as I recall, screenstate for a while wouldn't even allow the minimum to be lower than 500. Is that still true?
    I simply selected the Screenstate "preset" (500/800) and am happy with how it operates. I have a Touchstone on my desk and at home, as well as the options to charge with my laptop and in the car, so I see no need (personally) to go lower than 500 MHz.
    The UK in the testing feed is waaaaay better than the public release atm. I was running the public kernel at 800mhz and just stepped up to the testing kernel and WOW I am blown away.

In the public kernel, temps can get pretty high pretty fast. I usually idled around 41c... load saw as high as 48-49. With the new kernel I haven't seen my temps go above 41 yet.. it idles at around 35. Battery life is also SIGNIFICANTLY improved. (I'm guessing they just lowered the voltage but still have a stable OC) And this is at 200mhz HIGHER than the last kernel.

Also going from 800mhz to 1ghz is almost as big of a difference between 500mhz and 800. (not really, but it's definitely noticeable.) My phone is every bit as smooth as my co-worker's EVO. It's faster on most apps too.

TLDR - get the testing feed UK, you won't be disappointed.
    if you have a strong enough pre you should run SR71 or thunderchief
  7. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I'm running at 1 Ghz. Excellent
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    if you have a strong enough pre you should run SR71 or thunderchief
    The advantages of UK vs one of those kernels is enough that I see NO reason to be running F105, and IMHO the SR71 kernel is too extreme. (Being a LONG time overclocker I know how big of voltage jumps it takes to run at that high of a % of overclock vs just the 1ghz kernel... it's not worth the heat/crashes/wear that it will cause for 200mhz)

You can also just update UK vs having to remove and reinstall like F105 and SR71.

What would the advantage be to running F105 Thunderchief over the beta UK kernel at 1ghz??

Edit: if anything I'd be looking at the Warthog test kernel...
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    The advantages of UK vs one of those kernels is enough that I see NO reason to be running F105, and IMHO the SR71 kernel is too extreme. (Being a LONG time overclocker I know how big of voltage jumps it takes to run at that high of a % of overclock vs just the 1ghz kernel... it's not worth the heat/crashes/wear that it will cause for 200mhz)

You can also just update UK vs having to remove and reinstall like F105 and SR71.

What would the advantage be to running F105 Thunderchief over the beta UK kernel at 1ghz??

Edit: if anything I'd be looking at the Warthog test kernel...
    huh?

Where do you think the features in UK come from? Right now F105 and Warthog have lower voltage than UK. UK is for the "mainstream" and stable voltages. F105, for example, is for early adopters.

I dont understand the update thing? You can update F105 and SR71 just fine without removing.

So if you see no reason to run F105 then why even consider Warthog, which is actually *faster* running at 1050MHz, or UK which is 1GHz now?
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    huh?

Where do you think the features in UK come from? Right now F105 and Warthog have lower voltage than UK. UK is for the "mainstream" and stable voltages. F105, for example, is for early adopters.

I dont understand the update thing? You can update F105 and SR71 just fine without removing.

So if you see no reason to run F105 then why even consider Warthog, which is actually *faster* running at 1050MHz, or UK which is 1GHz now?
    I guess I was mistaken, I thought that to update or change any test kernels besides UK you had to fully remove and reinstall. IDK where I read that though... Bad info I guess. I'm still new to this whole "kernel" thing, so I am still learning.

From what I understand, the way UK and warthog and F105 work are all different. UK uses compache while the other 2 use a different way to manage the memory. Also from what I understand, F105 and SR71 and Warthog are all using lower voltages that sometimes induce crashes. I also was led to believe that UK provides some benefits that haven't been implemented into the test kernels. Again, probably bad info.

That question at the end of my post was just that too.... a question. I have yet to see any info on what the advantages were to using F105 over UK, so I personally have stuck to UK. I have heard there is actual voltage tweaking in F105 though? That interests me, although TBH the voltage in the current UK test kernel seems great to me... temp is a non-issue. I also think that Compache seems to be a better way to manage my low memory problems since I have a pre and not a plus.... correct me if I'm wrong.

I hate it when I see posts like "if you have a strong enough pre you should run SR71 or thunderchief" with absolutely NO data or reasoning backing it up. It just seems like a blatant ****** post to me. Sorry if I offended.

Edit: lmao... Fan boy is censored?!?!
    Im doing something wrong, I downloaded uberkernal and govnah and i open up govnah, press profile and changed it to screenstate and it still stays at palm default

nevermindddd
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Where is Govnah v0.6.6 can only find Govnah v0.6.1
    I guess I was mistaken, I thought that to update or change any test kernels besides UK you had to fully remove and reinstall. IDK where I read that though... Bad info I guess. I'm still new to this whole "kernel" thing, so I am still learning.

From what I understand, the way UK and warthog and F105 work are all different. UK uses compache while the other 2 use a different way to manage the memory. Also from what I understand, F105 and SR71 and Warthog are all using lower voltages that sometimes induce crashes. I also was led to believe that UK provides some benefits that haven't been implemented into the test kernels. Again, probably bad info.

That question at the end of my post was just that too.... a question. I have yet to see any info on what the advantages were to using F105 over UK, so I personally have stuck to UK. I have heard there is actual voltage tweaking in F105 though? That interests me, although TBH the voltage in the current UK test kernel seems great to me... temp is a non-issue. I also think that Compache seems to be a better way to manage my low memory problems since I have a pre and not a plus.... correct me if I'm wrong.

I hate it when I see posts like "if you have a strong enough pre you should run SR71 or thunderchief" with absolutely NO data or reasoning backing it up. It just seems like a blatant ****** post to me. Sorry if I offended.

Edit: lmao... Fan boy is censored?!?!
    In theory there are no advantages between F105/SR71/Warthog compared to UK. The former are testing kernels which have features that end up in UK. UK is considered the Stable beast in the mess. If you are an early adopter than the beta kernels will be fun for you as they change at whim based on user input in the thread. Then those tweaks that are found stable are migrated to UK. So you have it reversed, UK gets the polished features of the testing kernels.

No one is offended. Maybe confusion on where you got that info from.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    In theory there are no advantages between F105/SR71/Warthog compared to UK. The former are testing kernels which have features that end up in UK. UK is considered the Stable beast in the mess. If you are an early adopter than the beta kernels will be fun for you as they change at whim based on user input in the thread. Then those tweaks that are found stable are migrated to UK. So you have it reversed, UK gets the polished features of the testing kernels.

No one is offended. Maybe confusion on where you got that info from.
    Awesome, thanks for the info! Am I correct about the way the kernels handle memory and the use of Compache? Also am I correct in assuming that the 1ghz UK kernel actually uses less voltage than the 800mhz kernel? My temps have certainly gone down.
    Awesome, thanks for the info! Am I correct about the way the kernels handle memory and the use of Compache? Also am I correct in assuming that the 1ghz UK kernel actually uses less voltage than the 800mhz kernel? My temps have certainly gone down.
    F105 and SR71 completely disables TMC and low memory checking. UK adds correct calculations so TMC will only happen when there's really no memory. Compcache was first used in my F102 kernel.

UK uses *more* voltage currently to be stable than F105 and Warthog. I am currently working on an average in my testing thread from users who report voltage averages for 1GHz. That voltage number will be ported to UK once finalized.
    Live free or DIE!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123