Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    So which one of these white whales is going to appear first?
    I'd be happy with either of them but neither one of them is really necessary for me.
    Microphone API. I think adobe will release flash around end of this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    I'd be happy with either of them but neither one of them is really necessary for me.
    I need Microphone API since that's what it stopped Skype to be on Pre, atleast that's what I heard. I need Skype for my work.
    well we know that Flash will magically appear in less than 22 days from today.
    The microphone API has already been announced as part of the updates coming "by the Fall" or "in the Fall," depending on how you interpret what was said at the Palm developers meeting a few weeks ago. So, we know the timing on that.

Flash? Not so much...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    You said it all mate. They'd be nice but there's more important things to look forward to
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    just a thought but dosn't the phone app use some sort of mic api? and if so could internals take that and make a homebrew mic api. then we would have some cool homebrew apps ready to go into the app catalog when they finally release the real api
    Sanyo basic Flip phone- Moto Krazer- Moto Razer2- Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruth09 View Post
    just a thought but dosn't the phone app use some sort of mic api? and if so could internals take that and make a homebrew mic api. then we would have some cool homebrew apps ready to go into the app catalog when they finally release the real api
    WebOS Internals has already done this to develop a voice recording app You can get it in Preware.

I misread your post - don't know about creating custom APIs ^^
    I believe that zcorder (the homebrew audio recording app) basically ties into what's being used to record audio in the videocam. I think that the delay in getting out an official microphone API has been that Palm has been waiting for some industry-standard Web stuff to use rather than creating a proprietary API. That means its taking longer than it should, but the end result will be a better long-term solution for devs.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Flash is a cool addon, but the Mic API is way more important. I was hoping it would be here on 1.4.5, but I guess we will have to wait until the end of the year...
    Microphone please.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Flash is a cool addon, but the Mic API is way more important. I was hoping it would be here on 1.4.5, but I guess we will have to wait until the end of the year...
    What makes you think we'll have to wait until the end of the year?
    Damn i can't believe we still dont have this basic app....I have been jonesing for it since pre launch! Microphone api show yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    What makes you think we'll have to wait until the end of the year?
    The summer update will not include the mic API, so we should see it on the fall update which will be at the end of the year. Capiche?
    This may be a n00b question...but why would anyone want the API before the Flash?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Because it enables all sorts of new Apps for the App Catalog - like guitar tuners, skype, voice recorders, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    Because it enables all sorts of new Apps for the App Catalog - like guitar tuners, skype, voice recorders, etc.
    and Shazam, I love that app.
    Which do I want first? Flash. I love me some Facebook Farkle and Facebook Poker, I would love to be able to play while at work [/lazy]

Which do I think will actually get here first? Mic API, for the simple reason that Palm (HP?) actually controls this themselves. They aren't waiting for a notoriously slow 3rd party company to get things done.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiijedi View Post
    Damn i can't believe we still dont have this basic app....I have been jonesing for it since pre launch! Microphone api show yourself!
    How is this a basic app?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast