Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by pegb856 View Post
    Pre is a model that uses Palm's WebOS. If you change the form factor completely then that would be a different model and should not be called a Pre and it should be given a different name.

    Pre is not a Brand, Palm is the brand and WebOS is the operating system that it runs. Pre is just one of the models running WebOS.
    Yup.

    Or to put it another way (for the car guys):

    Make: Palm
    Model: Pre
    Engine: Texas Instruments OMAP3430 - 64nm ARM, PowerVR SGX 530 GPU, ~600MHz
    Control System: webOS
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I don't see what's so bad about having multiple models and form factors. I know several people that refuse iphones because they insist on physical keyboards. Of course, Apple could care less about those people - they've brainwashed the masses.


    I don't buy that most people have issues with how solid or cheap something feels in their hands vs how well it performs.
    That is the whole problem, the iPhone feels solid and is a solid performer. The pre does not share either of those characteristics. Personally, I like the Pre form factor. I prefer it to the iPhone. But I have seen much cheaper phones with a much more solid slider mechanism.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
    That is the whole problem, the iPhone feels solid and is a solid performer. The pre does not share either of those characteristics. Personally, I like the Pre form factor. I prefer it to the iPhone. But I have seen much cheaper phones with a much more solid slider mechanism.
    So true...
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
    That is the whole problem, the iPhone feels solid and is a solid performer. The pre does not share either of those characteristics. Personally, I like the Pre form factor. I prefer it to the iPhone. But I have seen much cheaper phones with a much more solid slider mechanism.
    Shoddy Rev.A Hardware from a company that had to cut corners to survive. The Pre Plus has a much more solid feel and better slider already. Try one of those.

    Although I agree - there's something about iPhones that feels just... right in your hand. Even though my Pre fits my hand better. They just feel solid, more solid than your average one-block device. The Pre, especially the Day 1 Pre - which is the one the Press looks at - was a flimsy, wobbly thing.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Shoddy Rev.A Hardware from a company that had to cut corners to survive. The Pre Plus has a much more solid feel and better slider already. Try one of those.

    Although I agree - there's something about iPhones that feels just... right in your hand. Even though my Pre fits my hand better. They just feel solid, more solid than your average one-block device. The Pre, especially the Day 1 Pre - which is the one the Press looks at - was a flimsy, wobbly thing.
    I have the Pre (4th) and my cousins Pre+ is MUCH more sturdy. Keep moving in that direction, use some steel and glass and we're talking.
  6. #66  
    My wishlist: form factor the same, slightly larger to accomodate 3.5" glass HD screen, titanium trim and bezel w/ carbon fiber case, fastest processor available, two cameras. Make the slider bulletproof. And don't forget the pouch!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I would add , keeping the same exterior size but increasing the screen size.
    The rest keyboard,slider ..... have to be replaced with better quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    My wishlist: form factor the same, slightly larger to accomodate 3.5" glass HD screen, titanium trim and bezel w/ carbon fiber case, fastest processor available, two cameras. Make the slider bulletproof. And don't forget the pouch!
    Oh yes. You got me sold!
  8. 473x15's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    hmmm...disagreed...They should make it longer and bigger so they can put a keyboard on it just like the pixi, centro and treo 800 instead of puttting a shakey keyboard that pulls out. It'll look more elegant that way.
    im with you on this one as i really love ma treo 650 no slice it out for keyboard all in on one piece
    THE GAME OF LIFE
  9. #69  
    Palms next webOS smart phone will need to get a slightly bigger screen, doesn't need to be EVO size but deff bigger than the Pre is right now. Then after that they won't need to change much unless the people absolutely demand it.

    iPhone doesn't have to change cuz its not small so really no one is complaining that the screen is to tiny or cramped.
  10. mauro1's Avatar
    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #70  
    I agree. I looked loooooong and hard at the smartphone market before jumping on the webOS bandwagon. Blackberry didn't appeal, the iPhoney still doesn't, the Android platform didn't inspire confidence. The webOS and Palm Pre combo just sold me from the CES demo.

    PS before having a smart phone I had a TX that used WiFi for connectivity or bluetooth-tethering to a candybar AT&T featurephone using WAP for on-the-road access, and somehow that was quite fine at the time.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions