1.    #1  
    Hi,

I tried to do just that - copied it to the Pre in USB mode, tried to open it with the Pdf-viewer... and was faced with the rotating device, which spun around and around for half an hour or so, until I cancelled the attempt.

Has anyone else tried to read the manual on the Pre?

Did it work?

If, not, does anyone have any idea why not?

Regards,

Jochen
    my guess would be because it's a huuuuuge file
    isn't all the info available through the included help app?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    isn't all the info available through the included help app?
    Not really, because the help isn't actually on the device, and at work I'm currently without any connection to the Net (my place of work being at the very edge of the GSM reception area, I can get the phone to work only outside, and for WiFi I'd have to use OpenVPN, which I haven't yet managed to set up.)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    my guess would be because it's a huuuuuge file
    Well, the German version is a bit large; for interest's sake, I just put in onto my Centro; the freeware Pdf viewer PalmPdf did have to work hard - it took about six minutes to "lookup page...", until, at page 160, it complained that there was no more free RAM.
    Surely lack of RAM is not a problem on the Pre?
    Or is the fact that my PC tells me the USB drive "Pre" has 2.5 GB free irrelevant in this context?
    Anyone know if there is an HTML version of it? Maybe you could install Lighty and read it locally if it's in HTML.