1.    #1  
    i have a fully flashed palm pre,i tried homebrew but none of the applications show up on my launcher,am i doing something wrong or does it not work with a flashed pre ?
    Flashed?
    I think he means flashed to be usable on a different carrier than intended (e.g. use a Verizon Pre Plus on Sprint).
    As for his actual query, I really don't know. I would assume there would be complications, but I don't know for sure or to what extent. I'm sure someone else will be able to answer this, though.
    The problem isn't the flashing, as I guess I would say you got flashed when you were still on firmware 1.3.1 or some other lower webOS. Are you able to update to 1.4.1.1 without breaking the unlock if this is the case?
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/08/2010 at 08:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    The problem isn't the flashing, as I guess I would say you got flashed when you were still on firmware 1.3.1 or some other lower webOS. Are you able to update to 1.4.1.1 if this is the case?
    I have seen posts here from members who flashed their phones only to find that an OS update returned the phone to the original carrier setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I have seen posts here from members who flashed their phones only to find that an OS update returned the phone to the original carrier setup.
    I realise that, what I was asking and maybe should have made clear is that does the flashing method allow for webOS updates without breaking the unlock. I'll edit my post to make this clear.
  7.    #7  
    Honestly dont know what firmware im running now,i just got this phone in the last week and i dont know how to find out either lol
    Quote Originally Posted by a_rod1982 View Post
    Honestly dont know what firmware im running now,i just got this phone in the last week and i dont know how to find out either lol
    Go to the application device info. The fifth or sixth item down should read version and then the version number, what number is it?
  9.    #9  
    I think homebrew is only installed on 1.3.5 and later. How did you get your pre flashed? Do you know if you are able to update the firmware without breaking the unlock? What carrier was it originally on?
  11.    #11  
    theres a store that does it locally,just took it to them and got it back the next day,i do not know if i can update it,but f u have any information on wether i can or not i would be very interested,the original carrier was sprint
    theres a store that does it locally,just took it to them and got it back the next day,i do not know if i can update it,but f u have any information on wether i can or not i would be very interested,the original carrier was sprint
    Your better off asking at the store if you can update and still have the phone unlocked.
    Otherwise you can try doing the meta-doctor so that you will be able to update the webOS version yourself and still have it unlocked.
    Are you using your Pre on Cricket? I've seen other people here who have the same issue. I'm almost positive that updating WebOS will disable your data connection. It should still be able to make calls and SMS, but that's about it.

I seem to remember that the latest Cricket flash is 1.3.5 though. I could be wrong. You're local Cricket store should have more info.
  14.    #14  
    thanx guys,i appreciate your help