Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    My Pre has been having "Phantom Touch Storms". It will act like someone is touching the screen in radom locations 2-3 times a second. These "storms" last about 30 minutes and they make the phone pretty much useless while they are active. At first I thought they were related to my reading program, pReader, but now am pretty sure that they are not. The phone has had a storm at 3am sitting on a touch stone charging, at noon in my holster while sitting at my desk or in a meeting. I have mentioned this before in the forums but didn't get much of a response. The sprint store says that they have seen it three times in the last few weeks. 2 Pre and 1 Pixi. About two months ago my phone did have the turn on at random times thing. But last patch seemed to fix that.

I have not overclocked my Pre. I got it on release day for the Pre. The only software change I did was the change that allows filecoaster to work. My Pre has been dropped, but it has been months since that happened.

I am using my insurance to replace it. But would sure like to know if there is an easier fix for this or if it happens often. My wife needs a new smart phone and was thinking of a Pixi, but will go Droid if have to.
    two thing i know cause this the original screen protection that was on the phone when you bought it. or its could be that your not using (original equipment manufactured) oem equipment . does this help?

also cheap screen protectors will do this , but im leaning on using second hand chargers to charge the phone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Like a previous poster, a screen protector could do this, but if you do not have one then it seems like your touchscreen is faulty.

More than likely there is a short in the tuochscreen which causes it to go haywire. It does this in intervals since it probably builds up static or electricity until it has to "let loose."

This is my guess. Anyone could chime in and disprove me.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    This happens to me too. I turn off the screen and wipe the touch screen on my sleeve then turn it back on and it's good to go. (at least in my case). Good luck!
    I have a similar problem. I too just restart the phone for a quick fix.
    video the problem happening and get a new phone.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    We need a young priest, and an old priest! - Dr. Evil

Sorry... I couldn't resist
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I do have ZAGG Invisible Shield screen protector on this Pre. But it has been on there since 2 days after I got phone.

My new phone will be on my steps at lunch time. Should I not use a screen protector on it?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
    I do have ZAGG Invisible Shield screen protector on this Pre. But it has been on there since 2 days after I got phone.

My new phone will be on my steps at lunch time. Should I not use a screen protector on it?
    Check out the accessories forum for help picking a screen protector. I had the Best Buy brand screen protector and it did not cause this, but it started pealing (it has a lifetime warranty but it also requires the phone to be off for 24 hours after being applied, something I can't afford atm.)
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3