1.    #1  
    Hey guys i need some help... im trying to get my pre popin, i have WEBOS Quick install and im playing around with it, and all i need to know is how to install Preware, I know i need to install Package manager service but it is not appearing in any of the aplications i have looked in (ALL, Pre, and emulator) Please help i appreciate it! thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by larrylarry91 View Post
    Hey guys i need some help... im trying to get my pre popin, i have WEBOS Quick install and im playing around with it, and all i need to know is how to install Preware, I know i need to install Package manager service but it is not appearing in any of the aplications i have looked in (ALL, Pre, and emulator) Please help i appreciate it! thanks!!!
    As of Preware 1.x, the package manager service has been integrated into Preware. Just install Preware.
  3.    #3  
    thanks a ton for the quick response... but when i try this it shows "No package removed, Nothing to be done" and a long random file area saying no such file directory, and than it dose show on my Pre but it says service is not running , please help and thanks again
    Do you mean when you instaal preware fron webosquick install it gives you that error or somthing different?
    thanks a ton for the quick response... but when i try this it shows "No package removed, Nothing to be done" and a long random file area saying no such file directory, and than it dose show on my Pre but it says service is not running , please help and thanks again
    Did you follow all of the instructions? Updated Java, for example.

Also, make sure you have the current webosqi.

Look in (Pre) not (All) at the 'webos internals feeds' part
    Ok,first make sure your phone is in dev mode. Go to keyboard and type in webos20090606 then turn on developer mode. Download the latest version of webos quickinstall. Then proceed with downloading preware. Good luck.
  7.    #7  
    yes Quick install shows me the error half way through the installation than once it is installed it doesn't open on my phone
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post

I do install from (Pre) cause (all ) dosnt show the option of preware... i was wondering what exactly is the most up todate quick install?
    yes Quick install shows me the error half way through the installation than once it is installed it doesn't open on my phone
    what webOS version is on your pre?
    The most up to date quick install is v3.14
  10.    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    what webOS version is on your pre?
    The most up to date quick install is v3.14
    I am useing webOS 1.4.1.1
    So, obviously novacomd was loaded and your Pre is "seen".

You then opened webosqi, clicked on the (down arrow) "third button on right", then webos internals (pre) > Preware > Install > Close > then, back on qi you click Install

After all that, you get some action and THEN the error? Just trying to find where you are in order to find where you should be.
    I am useing webOS 1.4.1.1
    Are you able to install any of the apps such as music player remix onto your pre through quick install?
  13.    #13  
    So, obviously novacomd was loaded and your Pre is "seen".

You then opened webosqi, clicked on the (down arrow) "third button on right", then webos internals (pre) > Preware > Install > Close > then, back on qi you click Install

After all that, you get some action and THEN the error? Just trying to find where you are in order to find where you should be.
    yes that has been my process than when i click install it shows an error half way though than finishes installing the dummy file
    Although I've never tried this method, Preware does have a stand-alone installer, maybe you could give that a try.

It's located on the webOS wiki - scroll down to where it says "Installing Preware with the standalone installer"
    yes that has been my process than when i click install it shows an error half way though than finishes installing the dummy file
    How many times did you try installing preware and get the error? Have you tried restarted your device by orange(grey)+sym+r?
  16.    #16  
    Ok everyone I cant thank you enough... i found that i was just useing the old webosqi ... im new at this and i appreciate the help!!!! - Larry
    So have you managed to download preware now?
    Ok everyone I cant thank you enough... i found that i was just useing the old webosqi ... im new at this and i appreciate the help!!!! - Larry
    lol!!!

Glad it all worked out!