1.    #1  
    Okay, so I was typing a text message, my house phone rang, closed my Pre to answer the phone and when I came back it won't turn on.
    I've tried holding the power button down. I've tried to charge it, both on the charging base and straight into the phone, with no luck. I had an 85% charge, so I assume the battery didn't just randomly die.
    What the heck happened, and is it possible to fix it without going to the Verizon store? (We're at the beach with no access to a store until Thursday afternoon.)
    This has happened to me before. Okay, pull the battery a few times and make sure when you insert it that you press the battery in real tight.

Then don't touch it for five minutes and try again.

Hopefully it will turn back on again. Mine did.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  3.    #3  
    Okay, really dumb question time; how do I pull the battery? I see a little button at the bottom, but when I push it and tug on the back cover it feels like I'm going to break it off. Is there a trick to doing this correctly? I assumed it would slide or pull right off.
    Quote Originally Posted by alohaboy View Post
    Okay, really dumb question time; how do I pull the battery? I see a little button at the bottom, but when I push it and tug on the back cover it feels like I'm going to break it off. Is there a trick to doing this correctly? I assumed it would slide or pull right off.
    Push that little button down and pry the back off, you wont break it, just pull it off.
    Once you push the little button, kind of slide your finger nail around the edge on both sides to separate the battery cover from the rest of the phone. I was kind of scared the first time I took the back off because I thought it would break, but you'll see it's no big deal.
  6.    #6  
    Well, you can add another Thanks to your count over on the left. It worked.
    Any ideas as to what happened?
    Well, you can add another Thanks to your count over on the left. It worked.
    Any ideas as to what happened?
    Hey, the phone just does that from time to time. it happens to me too. No biggie, i guess.
    Okay, so I was typing a text message, my house phone rang, closed my Pre to answer the phone and when I came back it won't turn on.
    I've tried holding the power button down. I've tried to charge it, both on the charging base and straight into the phone, with no luck. I had an 85% charge, so I assume the battery didn't just randomly die.
    What the heck happened, and is it possible to fix it without going to the Verizon store? (We're at the beach with no access to a store until Thursday afternoon.)
    You probably closed the slider too hard and jarred the battery contact lose. Place a small but thick piece of tape at the top of the battery compartment behind the puller, and that should prevent a reoccurance as long as you don't slam the slider shut.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  9.    #9  
    That makes sense. I do give it a good click from time to time on accident.
    Thanks again, to all three of you. I was kind of freaking out as the phone is only a couple of months old.