1.    #1  
    So I use a rolled up piece of tape in the inside top of my battery area. This helps loads with the reset/off issue when closing the slider and if I put it down too hard.

BUT, it's not an exact science. If the roll is too thick I have issues, if it's too thin I have issues.
    Has anyone found the perfect item to use?

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVTech View Post
    So I use a rolled up piece of tape in the inside top of my battery area. This helps loads with the reset/off issue when closing the slider and if I put it down too hard.

BUT, it's not an exact science. If the roll is too thick I have issues, if it's too thin I have issues.
    I used a thick piece of black tape. I suppose you could add a thin piece of foam to provide a snug fit.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Contact Palm. I've got a new battery and usb cover from them for free.
    little felt dots that go under things to keep them from sliding on an end table.

or, just treat yourself to an extended battery...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I used a thick piece of black tape. I suppose you could add a thin piece of foam to provide a snug fit.
    Hmm foam not a bad idea. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    Contact Palm. I've got a new battery and usb cover from them for free.
    USB back? I'm on Verizon so the back is included as my regular back there wasn't a replacement one. But the newer batteries resolve this issue?
    Did they rebuild the back plate? Just trying to understand better. Thanks.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Hmm foam not a bad idea. Thanks

USB back? I'm on Verizon so the back is included as my regular back there wasn't a replacement one. But the newer batteries resolve this issue?
    Did they rebuild the back plate? Just trying to understand better. Thanks.

usb cover for your data/charging port on the phone,sometimes they break or get lost. Some batteries are to small and don't make proper contact. Anyway if you contact Palm they will send a new battery that fits, at least they did for me.
    I used a strip of electrical tape on the upper edge of the battery. I works great.

double-sided foam tape. Cut it to size. Keep the backing on the side that faces the battery.

This worked for me.
    : (){:|:&};:
    FWIW on my first Pre I took the plastic tab that is behind the battery (you pull on it to help you pop the battery out) and folded it over, and shoved the battery back in. I found that it makes it a very nice tight fit w/out having to add stuff to keep the battery in place.
    Call palm and get the updated battery
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
  11.    #11  
    Placing a call to see about a replacement.
    If not then I'll do the foam or fold over tab trick.

Thanks guys!

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    I bought a Mugen 1400 extended battery ($31 shipped), great battery, longer battery life and fits tight.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I took one of my business cards, cut it in two, and put it in between the battery and back cover. Works great.
  14.    #14  
    Called PALM and was told to go to the Verizon store to get a new battery or back plate or both.

Odd...well we'll see what the store says. NEVER have had good luck with the stores.
    "Oh ya sorry, that part isn't covered."
    "Oh sorry, we don't have any more of those."
    "Oh sorry we don't sell screen protectors or stylus for your Palm"

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Called PALM and was told to go to the Verizon store to get a new battery or back plate or both.

Odd...well we'll see what the store says. NEVER have had good luck with the stores.
    "Oh ya sorry, that part isn't covered."
    "Oh sorry, we don't have any more of those."
    "Oh sorry we don't sell screen protectors or stylus for your Palm"
    My Sprint store exchanged mine, AFTER testing first. For what, I don't know...
    At some point, the battery in my phone was so loose that the phone would switch itself off when closing the slider with any amount of gusto.

I put folded pieces of paper between my batteries and the upper edge of the battery compartment, but after a month or so, the back cover started to creak loudly because of it, and I had to find another way.

What I ended up doing was to switch my phone off, remove the battery, and with a needle ever so carefully tease out the battery contact springs. Just a millimeter, heck, maybe it was even only half a mm. I figured that switching batteries every other day might have pushed the springs in a bit so they're more likely to lose contact. It turned out to have been exactly that. Ever since I brought the contacts out that tiniest little bit, my phone has not switched itself off, ever again.

Took me twenty seconds to boot down, twenty seconds to execute on my "repair", and five minutes to boot the bugger back up. No paper in my phone, no creaking, no random boot-downs because of a loose connection.