1.    #1  
    Will sprint ever get the palm pre plus? If so when? If not, do you think sprint will be getting a new device?
    (donning asbestos suit..... )
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilkennym27 View Post
    Will sprint ever get the palm pre plus? If so when? If not, do you think sprint will be getting a new device?
    I am pretty sure that Sprint WILL NOT get the Palm Pre+.

Sprint though, will get the Palm Pre 3 (or Super-Plus, whatever) and it will have 4G. Because if Sprint wants to expand their 4G-ness, they need 4G phones...

Look at Verizon, with their LTE. They're promising SIX 4G phones by holiday 2011.

Sprint SHOULD have 6 by CES, launching on that day, or a month after...
    I think they will. There are Pre users that would take the upgrade, and it would get them to the same hardware on all US carriers. It would kill the TMC issue and make support more efficient... No reason not to offer it... like when Palm launched the 700w and quickly replaced it with the 700wx. Low cost to pick low-hanging fruit.

If you look at Palm's current financial projections... there is a small spike in revenue in Q3 (small like a Pre+ going to Sprint?) followed by a spike in costs (like manufacturing costs for a new handset to announce at CES in January...)

That's my humble prediction.
    Cantafordit, I hope you are right. As much as I love this phone, and WebOS, I feel a little suckered. that said, I am not jumping ship becasue of it. Sticking around to see what happens. Or until someone takes me up on my offer to port WebOS to a Droid.
  6.    #6  
    Well I dont mind not getting the pre plus if we can get the "super plus" lol. When would u guys estimate that such a device comes out?
    Well I dont mind not getting the pre plus if we can get the "super plus" lol. When would u guys estimate that such a device comes out?
    If Palm get their way, it'll be @ CES2011

If HP gets a hold of the Hardware stuff, they'll release it during holiday 2010.
    There are two big moments to announce sizzling new hardware... The end of the 3rd quarter to be available for holiday shopping, and CES in January when the whole world is watching....

If I were Palm, I'd be shooting for the holiday season..... but that will depend on where things are already... and what impact HP will have on things...

IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSPARTAN003 View Post
    If Palm get their way, it'll be @ CES2011

If HP gets a hold of the Hardware stuff, they'll release it during holiday 2010.
    Adding to that, Remember in the Keynote speech thing about "Fall 2010".... (i.e. WebOS 2.0)

That is all of HP's doing. Better for the rest of us right?

Sooner the better? (especially Sprint-ers that will not be lured to the dark side of the DROID.

Never would'a thought of that.. Eh? Civil War between Palm Pre's/Pixi's, and Android's Evo/Moment/Hero.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by DeltaSPARTAN003; 06/08/2010 at 01:31 AM.
    I think it's a conditional thing. If Palm isn't going to have new hardware available by Fall 2010, they're pretty much going to have to throw some + models on Sprint or risk having no product available through a major carrier for an indeterminate amount of time. They haven't been manufacturing regular Pre or Pixi for a while now so whatever is left in Sprint's retail channel is all there is. Radio Shack has already stopped carrying it and some users have reported not being able to get replacement Sprint Pre phones in certain markets.

I'm actually really surprised they haven't done it already seeing as that everyone who bought a launch day Pre is now eligible for an upgrade. By not having something available Palm has already lost people to Evo with no hope of getting them back until at least a year from now.
    u know what i think its a game. Why i say this, look Iphone, and EVO they just got there new phone up and running. You dont think palm is looking at this phone, and saying to them self "how can we make our phone better" Palm has always been one step behide, now they got to see what hot and new,,,,NOW THEY CAN CAPITALIZE and be in front of the pac
    If Palm waits until CES2011 they might as well be throwing the towel in on current customers (on Sprint at least). That is far too long for turnaround on hardware.

The Pre+ on Sprint would be nice, but the question will then be does a Pre+ with webOS 2.0 (and whatever that will bring) be enough to hold users for 1 year while they could have gone to the EVO.

Personally, I absolutely love webOS and my Pre, but if it came to a decision between Pre+ or EVO, I might just fall on the EVO side (with the option of coming back to webOS after a year with the EVO).
  13.    #13  
    @themirthfulswami I like that last point you made. There should definately be something new for launch day pre users. But I also like the Seven Speed made, it would be great for pre to capitalize and make adjustments according to their competitors.

With any point though I am sticking with my pre for a while.

What would you guys expect from a new pre?
    Not that anyone else cares, but I will NOT wait until the holiday season for a new webOS phone. In fact, I am not going to wait much longer. It has been 17 months since webOS was announced and 12 months since it was released. I still cannot schedule a meeting, reply to or forward meeting details, access our corporate VPN, FTP, SSH, remote desktop, edit a document, etc.
    There should definately be something new for launch day pre users.
    Well, from Sprint's point of view there is -- its called the EVO.

Sprint could care less about Palm (or any device manufacturer for that matter), they just want phones that will bring them sales and new subscribers and help retain current subscribers.

I think they looked at their Pre users and thought a majority of them would switch to the EVO in absence of another webOS device. Checkout AndroidCentral's EVO forum -- I think they were right.

I wish there was a way to get numbers from Sprint as to the total number of launch day Pre people who jumped over to the EVO, but I'm sure we will never see that number.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Well, from Sprint's point of view there is -- its called the EVO.
    Well from my point of view, that really blows. I love webos and hope I can see a brand new webos device on sprint again.
    Chodaboy, it sounds like what u need is a laptop or maybe a netbook I dont know what you would prefer. I honestly dont know of a single phone that can do each one of those things. I know of phones that can do some but not all. Maybe an iPhone?? I dont know.
    Last edited by kilkennym27; 08/17/2010 at 12:54 AM.
    interesting