1.    #1  
    So im on my 4th or 5th pre and yesterday i was sitting on my laptop with the phone on my lap. I feel my leg getting warm. I open the phone and see that i dont have service (phone Offline) and the phone's temp was about 128F I called sprint and they are sending me a new phone again but im not sure why this is happening.

Phone is draining a full battery within 2hrs and its plugged in at the time.
    Phone will sometimes turn on and work no problems but then out of the blue will heat up and go offline again.
    It seems like a water problem but the phone hasnt gotten wet and the phone i have is from asurion and has a few water markers that have not tripped.
    I ran the interactive tests and it gave me 2 errors.
    Error 15 : WiFi
    Error 1000 : Modem

Anyone else experience these problems??
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    So im on my 4th or 5th pre and yesterday i was sitting on my laptop with the phone on my lap. I feel my leg getting warm. I open the phone and see that i dont have service (phone Offline) and the phone's temp was about 128F I called sprint and they are sending me a new phone again but im not sure why this is happening.

Phone will sometimes turn on and work no problems but then out of the blue will heat up and go offline again.
    It seems like a water problem but the phone hasnt gotten wet and the phone i have is from asurion and has a few water markers that have not tripped.

Someone on here had the same issue,and I told him to return the phone. It's clear that somehow you got a detective phone. That happens with any device not just the palm pre/plus. Good Luck.
  3.    #3  
    thats what i figured but what gets me is ive had this unit for about 2 - 3 months now and it just started yesterday, guess it just went bad huh
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    why were you sitting on your laptop?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    why were you sitting on your laptop?
    i meant using it lol this thing cost me way to much to be sitting on
    Gotcha. I was thinking "if he sits on his laptop, what does he do to his phone? no wonder they don't work..."

I could just hear my mother say "Be careful with that! That's why we just can't have nice things!"....
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    ...It's clear that somehow you got a detective phone...
    You lucky dog... I'd like to have a detective phone too. I think that would be cool! Maybe like a Jim Rockford version.

OP - odd problem. Like Rush said, a couple others have had similar things happen, but it's pretty rare.
    I'm having a similar issue where the battery drains very rapidly. I tried to turn on wifi this weekend and it never connects. It seems to keep searching, but I end up not being able to turn it off. My battery has been sucking since.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You lucky dog... I'd like to have a detective phone too. I think that would be cool! Maybe like a Jim Rockford version.

OP - odd problem. Like Rush said, a couple others have had similar things happen, but it's pretty rare.
    did anyone figure out why this happened to certain phones, what the failure was?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    I'm having a similar issue where the battery drains very rapidly. I tried to turn on wifi this weekend and it never connects. It seems to keep searching, but I end up not being able to turn it off. My battery has been sucking since.
    If this just suddenly happened, the best trouble-shooting advice I would give is to see if it is a hardware issue vs. software. To do this you would want to perform an Erase on the phone (not a Doctor). This will erase all of your apps and settings. With those gone you can see if the issue remains - if it goes away you know it was caused by a corrupt file. If it remains, it is most possibly a hardware issue.
    Well, that bites. I might have to try it. I might try something a bit less drastic though.
    did anyone figure out why this happened to certain phones, what the failure was?
    Not that I'm aware of.... you can try the troubleshooting above and see if the issue goes away. This should help determine if it's a software or hardware problem. You will have to reload all apps/patches afterward if resolved.
  13.    #13  
    ill try that if i can get it to turn back on, im thinking its a hardware issue now as the battery is dead and it doesnt even get a chance to charge so it will turn on, its been at the dead battery symbol for about 40 minutes now. seems like something is drawing wayyyy to much power and the charger cant keep up
    Agreed... I'd take a seat on my laptop and drive it in to the shop then
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    problems with storing in the cloud? Try to delete all data and run a manual backup.
    problems with this causes the gsm/wifi antennas to power endlessly, getting hot and draining battery hard. Compare bad or no service.

cheers eric

Means: Non-provisioned phone

Are You Sure if it is Error 15 : Wifi?? coz there is no error 15 for wifi but there is error 25

if it is error 25
    Error 25 : WiFi - Valid MAC, not registered on a network
    means not registered on a network
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dameweg View Post
    Means: Non-provisioned phone

Are You Sure if it is Error 15 : Wifi?? coz there is no error 15 for wifi but there is error 25

if it is error 25
    Error 25 : WiFi - Valid MAC, not registered on a network
    means not registered on a network

Non provisioned phone means what? that sprint is turning off my phone? And it was an error 25 for the wifi, i was going off memory. BTW where did you find these codes?
    got a friend whos a tech xD

i think non provisioned means the phone has no services from the carrier. and for the wifi, it means that you are not currently connected to a wifi network
    hope this helps

heres a link for the error codes

Palm Pre Quick Tests Error Code Matrix Inside Sprint Now