1.    #1  
    I had a problem with my phone being in "offline" mode and then freezing onto a screen that said "Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved." So I take it in to a sprint store, they fix it, and after work I take it home to charge it as it had died in my pocket at work. I tried to charge it and it would show the low battery screen with the battery and lightning bolt, but no matter how long I left it on the charger it would stay on that screen, not charging, and then shutting off immediately as I unplugged it from the charger. After removing and replacing the battery and getting no luck I took it back to the store and they said there was moisture damage and showed me what looked like a small glaze of split cola or something behind the battery. I'm assuming the worker spilled something on my phone during my first visit as I don't drink soda and I've never spilled anything on my phone. I'm getting it replaced, but I wanted to know if there's a way to erase everything off of my phone even though I can not turn it on.
    Are we talking webOS? You can log on to your Palm profile from your PC and send a remote command to wipe the phone... But it sounds like it already wiped itself... the repair tech will erase it at step one of any attempt to repair or refurbish, too.
    FYI, there should be a little sticker that turns bright pink when it gets wet. If that didn't turn, then there is no claim the repair person can make regarding moisture. All the more reason to call your carrier's customer support center rather than visiting a store. The CS reps are much easier to work with and more likely to send you an advanced replacement to exchange for your broken phone - assuming it is still under warranty.
  4.    #4  
    Yes webOS. I wasn't aware if the remote erasing would work if the phone cannot turn on. Thank you. It's not like there's anything important to erase, but I just prefer to know I am returning an empty phone.
  5.    #5  
    I have already spoken with a customer service rep, they referred me to the store, and the store told me to make an insurance claim. I've already made the insurance claim and am getting the new phone by tomorrow. There is no pink strip, so maybe the worker was mistaken. Either way they couldn't get my phone to charge even when trying various batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintEater64 View Post
    Yes webOS. I wasn't aware if the remote erasing would work if the phone cannot turn on. Thank you. It's not like there's anything important to erase, but I just prefer to know I am returning an empty phone.
    If it can't turn on, it wont work. But at that point there is nothing to erase... And if a technician gets it to turn on, the first step in their inspection script is to wipe the phone...