Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1.    #1  
    I've been posting on the Wifi issues thread for quite a long time on the Palm Community Forums (official Palm forum).
    I'm posting this here to get some feedback and maybe some suggestions. I have wifi set to never sleep, I've even verified by switching sleep on then back off. EVDO never has AIM disconnect, ever. I've rebooted after turning Wifi on, barely have any patches. Even before Uber Kernel this was an issue.

    AIM doesn't disconnect if anything else is using the network as it's sitting, but if the phone is just idling with screen off or even on the touchstone, eventually after a couple of minutes I can see my screename on my phone log off and it stays off until I go to use it again. Ideas?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    I've been posting on the Wifi issues thread for quite a long time on the Palm Community Forums (official Palm forum).
    I'm posting this here to get some feedback and maybe some suggestions. I have wifi set to never sleep, I've even verified by switching sleep on then back off. EVDO never has AIM disconnect, ever. I've rebooted after turning Wifi on, barely have any patches. Even before Uber Kernel this was an issue.

    AIM doesn't disconnect if anything else is using the network as it's sitting, but if the phone is just idling with screen off or even on the touchstone, eventually after a couple of minutes I can see my screename on my phone log off and it stays off until I go to use it again. Ideas?
    Hey, honestly, i've being complaining about the samething since last year, everyone thought i was crazy. Palm blames the issue on my router. It's kind of good that someone else is having the same issue as me.
  3.    #3  
    It could be the router quite honestly. Here's why. If I run AIM on my laptop and let it idle, it quickly disconnects/reconnects at times. As long as I'm active on it, it never does that. The funny thing is though, Trillian using the AIM service on the same laptop doesn't do that. I've even looked at the status window inside Trillian and made sure it's not getting random disconnects.

    Trillian is using login.messaging.aol.com on port 5190
    AIM is using login.oscar.aol.com on port 5190

    I'd be curious to see what Palm's AIM uses for connection... Could someone answer this possibly? Not that it entirely matters though, cause I don't think there's a way to change it even if. I wonder what's going wrong here...but I definitely think that the router isn't a far fetched idea.
  4.    #4  
    Also, I've posted our conversation on Palm Community, to hopefully get the attention of Palm Tech.
  5. #5  
    Yeah..it could be. But, it never use to do that until update 1.4
  6. #6  
    Very interesting problem and interesting findings you have come up with. I would like to hear from more people if there are others experiencing the issue as well (I would assume there are, but I don't personally use AOL to do much testing).
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  7.    #7  
    Yes it's certainly a strange problem and I can see it being very hard to nail down. HardbeatZ, would it be possible for you to get the port and login used for AOL via our Palm Pre from one of your Techs? (Like I posted above)
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Yes it's certainly a strange problem and I can see it being very hard to nail down. HardbeatZ, would it be possible for you to get the port and login used for AOL via our Palm Pre from one of your Techs? (Like I posted above)
    I am actively researching this.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  9. #9  
    Also can you create log files for me on the issue?

    1. Reproduce the problem
    2. Launch phone application
    3. Type ##LOGS# on the virtual dialpad
    4. Select quick log create

    I assume you still have the email address to send the log files to since you have created a few for us / me in the past, but if you need it again just shoot me a PM.

    --HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  10.    #10  
    I'm gonna have to turn logging back on...LOL...just today I went to minimal to see if it did speed up the phone (which it did). What level logging do you want on, and how do I set it? I've gotta let it sit on for a while so you can see the disconnects/reconnects via AIM.
  11.    #11  
    Logging levels are back to normal, any specifics you want set to debug?
  12. #12  
    Not right now. I want to look and see what I can get out of the normal data. I hope to bug you a few days down the road if I need something set to debug..
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  13.    #13  
    Email Sent.
  14. #14  
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  15.    #15  
    Jason, if you have the same issue, here's where you should create a log and submit it ;-)
  16.    #16  
    Also as another update for anyone having this issue (which they should speak up right away we certainly can use the data) I've posted on the Linksys forums a very lengthy post full of detail to see if anyone can diagnose this on the router end, or figure out that it is indeed a router-related issue.
  17. #17  
    You didnt send me where to send the logs to. And yeah, give me a link to where you posted on linksys forum. I have a Linksys Router too!
  18.    #18  
    Wireless Routers - Cisco Home Community
    "WRT600N and AIM Service disconnects" title.
    PM HardBeatz, he'll tell you where to e-mail the logs, and how to make a log file.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Wireless Routers - Cisco Home Community
    "WRT600N and AIM Service disconnects" title.
    PM HardBeatz, he'll tell you where to e-mail the logs, and how to make a log file.
    i recently set logging to minimal. How do i set it back to the default logging? Is setting it back going to mess up anything on the phone?

    I have a BEFW11S4 Router.

    Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this
  20.    #20  
    When you go back into logs (##logs) go to change logging levels. Once that loads, you are going to click restore base profile. Wait for it to be done, then reboot your phone (orange+sym+r). Now obviously, you are gonna have to wait a while for the problem to happen a couple of times so the log file reflects it and they have something to actually look at since it hasn't been logging this entire time. I waited overnight. Once you are set, go into logs and quick create log. Email this to where Hardbeatz tells you to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions