Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alright. I'll see what i get. Thanks
  2.    #22  
    I may have found a solution, I need someone to tell me what port the Pre uses for AIM connection. Don't even need to know the host name. Linksys forums told me how to do port triggering, it seems to have fixed the issue on my laptop, but I'm guessing that the Pre uses another port because that still isn't fixed...I feel I'm one step away.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    I may have found a solution, I need someone to tell me what port the Pre uses for AIM connection. Don't even need to know the host name. Linksys forums told me how to do port triggering, it seems to have fixed the issue on my laptop, but I'm guessing that the Pre uses another port because that still isn't fixed...I feel I'm one step away.
    Nice work dude!

Try chating with Palm support. They might know.
  4.    #24  
    I've posted there asking for the port. If anyone here knows, please tell me.
    I've posted there asking for the port. If anyone here knows, please tell me.
    Yeah. But have you actually tried to contact them via chat?
  6.    #26  
    No, I see no such place to do so. Their forums are maintained by their technicians/representatives. That's the best possible way to contact them and also spread the word to other users so more input is given.
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Support Services

Scroll to the near bottom left of the screen and click on

(Palm Chat - free, quick and simple - chat now
    Communicate easily, securely, and instantly with a Palm agent.)
  8.    #28  
    Looks like my fix may not have worked, I just saw an AIM disconnect on my PC. Doesn't seem to be happening as much though, it's gonna take some more work. I might have to get something to monitor the router and see what's going wrong here. I'm currently working on my CompTIA Network+ certification, so this would be a great learning experience for me...
    Looks like my fix may not have worked, I just saw an AIM disconnect on my PC. Doesn't seem to be happening as much though, it's gonna take some more work. I might have to get something to monitor the router and see what's going wrong here. I'm currently working on my CompTIA Network+ certification, so this would be a great learning experience for me...
    Yeah, it was all good until the 1.4 update. Then WiFi became totally messed up. Palm wont admit that they tweaked the WiFi, but obviously they did, just do they can save battery. Also, the GPS sucks, but im not even complaining about that.
  10.    #30  
    Yeah I might have to put the ball back into Palm's court because it's looking less and less like it's a router issue. I may have a problem with my old AIM 5.9 on my computer, but the newer AIM and Trillian both work fine, so...I think the Pre's issue is separate and will remain.
    Yup. It's Palm's fault. Not the router. Judging from the fact that alot of other people are having this problem right after the 1.4 update, you cant just tell us that its our router.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12