Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #21  
    jack, I have also been trying tirelessly to get my TP onto the U of U's network and had the IT desk look at it and after an hour they just gave up. If I figure out a way to get it working I will let you know.
  2. #22  
    hey guys I also have the same issue on the UConnect network, and the UGuest also takes like 20 attempts to resolve the ip address...so that's fun.
    I talked to the it guys at the library and they said webOS doesn't support one of the protocols of the U's network.
    I also contacted hp(palm) support and they asked me to escalate the issue to their level3 along with the last log of the tablet to find out what we are missing.

    that was early last week, and still no answer.
    I'll let you know if I find something else, but for the time being his just one big pain in the rear.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabesean1123 View Post
    jack, I have also been trying tirelessly to get my TP onto the U of U's network and had the IT desk look at it and after an hour they just gave up. If I figure out a way to get it working I will let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanyeduardos View Post
    hey guys I also have the same issue on the UConnect network, and the UGuest also takes like 20 attempts to resolve the ip address...so that's fun.
    I talked to the it guys at the library and they said webOS doesn't support one of the protocols of the U's network.
    I also contacted hp(palm) support and they asked me to escalate the issue to their level3 along with the last log of the tablet to find out what we are missing.

    that was early last week, and still no answer.
    I'll let you know if I find something else, but for the time being his just one big pain in the rear.

    First off, its nice to see fellow U of U students using webos.

    Now I been using Uconnect with webos since 2009 on my original pre. moved onto a pre2 with no issues. All up until late this summer. My phone stopped connecting to UConnect. Since then I have tried 3 other phones. A Pre, Pre 2, and Veer with no luck on any of them. As well as my touchpad. Its supper frustrating as it used to work just fine. My hunch is the U changed something late this summer within the network and since then WebOS devices have not been able to connect. So there is my experience if it might help. Just know before simply putting Unid/Password did the trick no hassles. Keep me posted if you guys find out anything and I will keep trying my efforts to get it to work. If I have any luck I will relay it back.
    MatterOfFactJack
  4. #24  
    hey jack, I don't know specifically what changed, but I do know something changed.
    this is my first semester at the u but since I spent some quality time with the it department at the library trying to solve this, I saw a lot of students with similar issues on their laptops and the answer was always "yeah we changed out router settings for the fall semester"
    so yeah, something changed and whatever that new thing is, its not working with webos.
  5. crawfpm's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #25  
    Go Utes! Another Utah Grad here (though it has been a few years, 1991). If someone can figure out how to get HP to fix this login, I would appreciate it. I can't connect at work (except to guest network) due to the same issue.
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
  6. #26  
    maybe we should start a new thread for just u students and see how many people we can get and solve this problem...
  7. #27  
    I am very pleased to announce you that I got the UConnect WiFi to work on my touchpad.

    woohoo!!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanyeduardos View Post
    I am very pleased to announce you that I got the UConnect WiFi to work on my touchpad.

    woohoo!!
    That is the best news I have herd in a long time. How did you pull it off?
    MatterOfFactJack
  9. #29  
    the issue seems to be with the certificates given by the u.
    I first made sure my mac could connect to the network, using the manual settings to also include the radius server (my mac had issues with that too)
    when the mac was online, keychain added 2 new certificates to the list, which both expire on 2014, and seem to be from digitrust.
    you may only need 1 certificate, but who knows,and it works with 2.

    I emailed both to myself, saved them first in the touchpad, then opened the from the email. I couldn't just open them directly from mail app or gmail, so save, the open.

    that installed the 2 certificates in the certificate manager.
    log into the uconnect, use your credentials, and you should be set.

    I can't seem to add an attachment to this threat from my touchpad, but if you need to see what the certificates are, just let me know and I'll add them later.

    good luck!
    eduardo
    jack87 and muddyjch like this.
  10. #30  
    sorry, the certificates are labeled as "DigiCert global CA" and the actual digicert certificate says it was issued by "entrust.net"

    good luck!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanyeduardos View Post
    sorry, the certificates are labeled as "DigiCert global CA" and the actual digicert certificate says it was issued by "entrust.net"

    good luck!
    they must be new because before they were just entrust certs. Great finding! I played with so many certs but never hit the gold mine. You rock.
    Last edited by jack87; 09/08/2011 at 11:12 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriswhat21Pre View Post
    Sorry man, and I don't mean to rub it in, but I tried the same certificate on the Touchpad yesterday and now that's connecting to the school's wifi. The IT guy at UWF also told me that some Blackberry phones required the EnTrust certificate, so those were the first ones that I tried. I know it's time consuming, but I would just go though them a few at a time. Maybe one will eventually work. Patience, good luck.

    FYI - I triple boot my laptop: Fedora 15, Ubuntu 11.04, and Win7, none of those use any cert to connect to the wifi, just my student login. I also used the same one on a friend's Pre Plus and it connects fine now also.
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabesean1123 View Post
    jack, I have also been trying tirelessly to get my TP onto the U of U's network and had the IT desk look at it and after an hour they just gave up. If I figure out a way to get it working I will let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    Go Utes! Another Utah Grad here (though it has been a few years, 1991). If someone can figure out how to get HP to fix this login, I would appreciate it. I can't connect at work (except to guest network) due to the same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanyeduardos View Post
    maybe we should start a new thread for just u students and see how many people we can get and solve this problem...
    Here we go... Our University of Utah wifi cert and a brif explanation on how to install it! Go Utes!

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...prise-fix.html

    Thanks toomanyeduardos for finder the bugger!! You rock!
    Last edited by jack87; 09/08/2011 at 02:43 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    Mine works here too. I had to copy the necessary certificate (from my Windows PC's certificate store) in order for it to work.
    hi there - did you just need one certificate? or multiple? thanks!
    --
    Rudra
    follow me on twitter - twitter.com/rudra_banerji
  14. #34  
    Man, so after all this it was just a search for the right cert/certs. Who would have thought? Oh yea....JK, LOL.

    @rudramakesmovie: My Touchpad/phone, and 3 other people I know with Touchpads and webOS phones used just the one cert. Good Luck.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions